Why become a member? ×

Greeting from Wigan

Les

Hello everyone

Been having a mooch on here since I was dragged kicking and screaming out of retirement a couple of months ago and it's a great forum.

Played for longer than I care to remember, working my way through a few basses inc. 3 Precisions, 1 great, 1 indifferent and one not very good.

Now left with my 79 Stingray and my very old Fender Mustang battered to death, never played but much loved.

Les

Thanks for the warm welcome guy's. Just had a quick squint at my account settings but sadly I cant find the "TURN THE FOR SALE AND WANTED FORUM OFF" button, so it's looking like wallet trauma for me. :)

I've already had a look and come out with a "virtual" shopping list. :rolleyes:

think we've all found ourselves trapped in the for sale section, welcome to GAS

[quote name='Les' post='565472' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:11 PM']Thanks for the warm welcome guy's. Just had a quick squint at my account settings but sadly I cant find the "TURN THE FOR SALE AND WANTED FORUM OFF" button, so it's looking like wallet trauma for me. :)

I've already had a look and come out with a "virtual" shopping list. :rolleyes:[/quote]

'welcome pie eater' :) Thanks Graham, but I'm only an honorary pie eater cos' I was born in Bootle, I've lived here 41 years but I'm still an "outlander" to the locals.

Steve, I live in Ashton, the centre of the known universe :rolleyes: . Where abouts are you ?

Yes Steve I'm gigging again. Spent many years in club cabaret bands, don't ever want to go back to it. Now playing in a 3 piece, guitar, bass, drums, doing pubs.

All covers. Foo Fighters, Killers, Greenday, Radiohead, Manics, Stereophonics, U2 etc and loving it. :)

Are you gigging ?

yes mainly functions as we are a 7 piece, although did the cherries earlier this year just before it changed hands gave us a chance to play some stuff we don't always get the chance to do at the weddings etc.

what are your band called ? do you gig locally any upcoming gigs if so i'll pop along for a watch mate

cheers steve