Why become a member? ×

Vintage Icon V4 p bass, Modified to look and sound 50's...

Kev

Plays great, sounds great, and looks great! Very happy with it :)

and with the Bass Pod and some sawdust..

So it has a Fender 57' Anodised Gold 10 hole pickguard, and a set of pickups from a Fender Squier JV series bass.

Took me 3 hours today to modify the scratchplate in the neck pocket with some needle files to make it fit, and had to put 10 new holes in the body, along with having to adjust the position of the pickup slightly, and my filing fingers are covered in blisters, but i think it was worth it :rolleyes:

Do i add the thumbrest? If so what colour?

And btw, i like the relicing :lol:

Edited by Kev

[quote name='bubinga5' post='563652' date='Aug 8 2009, 07:05 PM']Looks lovely Kev..love the off white( is it off white) looks a little golden also.., with the matt body..

I wouldnt add a finger rest,... unless you need it..i love stripped down :wub:

great job bro[/quote]
Its anodised gold, and it indeed looks fantastic with the matt sunburst :) Cheer for your comments!

Couple more pics added.

[quote name='leonshelley01' post='564063' date='Aug 9 2009, 12:05 PM']That would look great with an ashtray bridge cover![/quote]

[quote name='budget bassist' post='564171' date='Aug 9 2009, 02:39 PM']awesome stick a black thumbrest on there too :)[/quote]

I may well do both of those things, although a brand new shiny chrome bridge cover wont fit with its look, and paying for a vintage one is well out the question.....

[quote name='Protium' post='564433' date='Aug 9 2009, 08:34 PM']Looks good mate :)[/quote]
cheers! I have a thumb rest on order too now, still not sure if il bother with the bridge cover :rolleyes:

Edit: some pics with the thumb rest...

Edited by Kev