Why become a member? ×

Fuzz + Octave + Signal Booster

JackLondon

If you want octave down like an OC-2 then it'll be tricky. I've never seen a DIY one because the circuits are pretty complicated! If you're thinking digital octave up/down then forget it and just buy a MicroPOG. You can build an octave-up fuzz pretty easily though, but I don't like the sound of them on bass.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='562743' date='Aug 7 2009, 01:08 PM']Think the OC3 has some sort of drive knob in one of its modes, not sure what the mode equates to though.[/quote]

Yeah it does, its' third mode: "Drive".

It's not a bad sound actually, it's a really an overdrive. Doesn't sond bad on it's own actually without the octave!

Edited by EskimoBassist

[quote name='umph' post='564140' date='Aug 9 2009, 02:01 PM']the bass micro synth does all those and more[/quote]

Hahahaha.

I never even thought of the BMS and it's my favourite pedal. :)

The distortion isn't great though. It's nice when being swept by the filter but generally I leave it off and use the octave fuzz slider for a bit of colour instead.

Edited by thisnameistaken

• 2 weeks later...

Funny that, I've just started making arrangements with a local builder to put together something just like that.
The only diference is that I wont have a booster in mine, Just Fuzz and Octave down (dont know what circuit he's basing it on, but it doesnt seem to be a problem.)

As for switching it separately, I've asked him to put in 3 switches. the third switch works like a true bypass loop.
meaning, you can select one of or both effects BEFORE you engage them.

Edited by Aussiephoenix