Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING THE USUAL - Warwick Streamer Standard 2 Pup 4 string (German Made)

Doc B

I'm selling my 4 string fretted German-made Streamer Standard that I've owned since 2000. The body is oil-finished Carolena with ovangkol neck and wenge fingerboard (correct me if I'm wrong).

It's in very good but used condition with some playing wear near the bridge pickup, a bit of buckle rash on the back near the neck join (not visible but you can feel it) and a small dent in the wood near the edge of the back of the body near the control cavity. There's also some faint marks from the strap I had on it but nothing major and nothing that can be seen while playing.

This bass has the typical high quality expected of Warwicks and plays like a dream. This is the most comfortable bass I've ever played on with the big fat vintage humbuckers providing plenty of playing positions and, of course, a ton of growl in the sound dept.

I'm selling this as I'm looking for a more trebly sound, like my maple-bodied and Wizard pickup equipped Squier VM Jazz.

The bass will come with an upgraded heavy duty Warwick Rock Bag (tougher with more padding than the standard ones) and tin of Warwick wax for the finish.

£280[s]£350[/s] or nearest offer to buyers in the UK only.

I'm also advertising this bass on the Warwick Forum

Edited by Doc B

[quote name='Linus27' post='556928' date='Jul 31 2009, 10:48 AM']Beautiful looking bass. I wish I had the money as I would love a Warwick in my collection and something like this would be ideal.[/quote]

Cheers - it took me a long time to get the courage up to part with this bass.

[quote name='Doc B' post='556944' date='Jul 31 2009, 10:59 AM']Cheers - it took me a long time to get the courage up to part with this bass.[/quote]

I've got this exact bass but in stained blue (and well, mine's pretty battered!)! It's a great bass.

I've just gone and bought a lovely stingray from BassKS but there's no chance i'd be selling my warwick. Brilliant tone on these things and an amazing neck! Gotta love the Germans... :)

Anyway, Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='dwh87' post='557169' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:09 PM']I have a green 5 string version of this.

Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

You didn't buy that one off a chap in Nottingham via eBay did you? ;-)

+1 on the old STD models being great value for money...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='558304' date='Aug 2 2009, 10:26 AM']You didn't buy that one off a chap in Nottingham via eBay did you? ;-)

+1 on the old STD models being great value for money...[/quote]

Nope

I got it from the gallery in london last year

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='midgetiser' post='557145' date='Jul 31 2009, 02:31 PM']I've got this exact bass but in stained blue (and well, [b]mine's pretty battered![/b])...[/quote]

You've not seen mine :rolleyes:

The neck/headstock has been completely smashed and repaired twice, the back of the body has been half sanded down, it has a ridiculous amount of minor to medium size dings, a fair amount of pretty major dings, and has a massive crack around the bottom of the body around where the control cavity and volume and tone pots are :)

I've owned it from new and absolutely love it - used to play it for 2 hours every single day until I went to uni 4 years ago. Great basses these, and massively underrated by some.