Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chiropractors Must Be Destroyed

Happy Jack

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='561993' date='Aug 6 2009, 02:25 PM'][color="#006400"]*** PRESS RELEASE ***[/color]

Roscoe Beck now SOLD pending the usual.

Rickenbacker under discussion.

Lindert Locomotive out on loan.

If the RBV and the 4001 both sell, I'll probably keep the Prosebass for the moment.

[color="#008000"]*** PRESS RELEASE ENDS ***[/color][/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]*** LATE EDITION ***[/color]

Rickenbacker now SOLD pending the usual.

Lindert Locomotive still out on loan (how's it going, Holly?).

Prosebass sounding better each time I play it. :)

[color="#0000FF"]*** NORMAL PROGRAMS NOW RESUME ***[/color]

[quote name='odub' post='564927' date='Aug 10 2009, 01:23 PM']I will!

Oh and yes, I'm the guy in the background of that picture (with the bass), not the skinny one with Uke, I need to change that picture.[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

OK - that explains it!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='564860' date='Aug 10 2009, 12:20 PM']The Ricky has now gone. It has ceased to be. It is an ex-Ricky.[/quote]

Damn, was thinking about that bass for about three months, log on this evening and it's gone :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='555590' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:08 PM']And now for something completely different – the [b][size=4]Lindert Locomotive T-Bass VI[/size][/b] baritone guitar (1999-ish)!

[attachment=29922:DSCF2723.JPG]

More piccies: [url="http://tinypic.com/a/r1y1/3"]http://tinypic.com/a/r1y1/3[/url]

OK, this has nothing to do with weight. It’s a lovely thing, and someone should be playing it, and right now I’m not. I’m still too busy learning to play bass.

Rather than try to describe it, I suggest that you check out the photos, look up the reviews, and then ask any questions you want.

[b][size=4][color="#FF0000"]£450 [/color][/size][/b], or £500 including hard case, if collected from Chiswick (London W4) or the West End (London WC1).[/quote]

That Lindert looks interesting but, is it me, or do the strings look misaligned to the neck?

Like here:

Is it to do with the assymetric radius?

Yes yes, it's the assymetric radius thingy, honest, they all do that guv.

Actually no, it's more of a QC thingy. One of the reasons Lindert are no longer with us is that they had a few unresolved issues with QC. In this case, the bridge has been mounted about a millimetre out of its intended position.

My luthier looked at it for me and said it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to remedy it. Think of it as quirky and loveable. Please.

It's actually very playable as it is, and the only place where it could ever be an issue would be above the 12th fret on the top string. Anyone wanting to try it out at Bass Bash will see what I mean.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='610363' date='Sep 27 2009, 09:38 PM']Yes yes, it's the assymetric radius thingy, honest, they all do that guv.

Actually no, it's more of a QC thingy. One of the reasons Lindert are no longer with us is that they had a few unresolved issues with QC. In this case, the bridge has been mounted about a millimetre out of its intended position.

My luthier looked at it for me and said it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to remedy it. Think of it as quirky and loveable. Please.

It's actually very playable as it is, and the only place where it could ever be an issue would be above the 12th fret on the top string. Anyone wanting to try it out at Bass Bash will see what I mean.[/quote]
Thanks for the straightforward answer. I might have a nose at it at the bash if it's there - not that I've got any money to buy it though, nor much skill with six strings. :)

• 2 months later...

The Prosebass Custom V is still for sale but in truth I'm not exactly pushing it. :rolleyes:

I'm only selling it because of my obsession with lightweight basses, and the Custom V has such a fabulous tone that I really don't mind having it in my rack. As long as I play it for relatively short bursts (i.e. NOT at 4-hour rehearsals!) it doesn't give me back-ache.

But, the reality is that it's still for sale. :)

On the other hand, the Prosebass [i][color="#8B0000"]Happy Jack [/color][/i]is just sounding better and better, and that weighs less than 7 1/2 lbs. :lol:

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='670740' date='Dec 1 2009, 08:45 AM']The Prosebass Custom V is still for sale but in truth I'm not exactly pushing it. :lol:

I'm only selling it because of my obsession with lightweight basses, and the Custom V has such a fabulous tone that I really don't mind having it in my rack. As long as I play it for relatively short bursts (i.e. NOT at 4-hour rehearsals!) it doesn't give me back-ache.

But, the reality is that it's still for sale. :)

On the other hand, the Prosebass [i][color="#8B0000"]Happy Jack [/color][/i]is just sounding better and better, and that weighs less than 7 1/2 lbs. :lol:[/quote]

Ha ha Just had a nose through your photo albums looking for the ProseBass Happy jack - is it the small body one?
I had that Shirley Douglas book .. In fact it's almost certainly stiil around somewhere :rolleyes: I coud do with reading it :lol:

Yup - this one: [url="http://tinypic.com/a/19938/3"]http://tinypic.com/a/19938/3[/url]

I've now installed the same type of varitone as I already have in the Custom V, which obviously gives a much broader palette of sounds.

The Shirley Douglas book is fun. I have it (framed) on the wall beside my desk at home. For some reason, I particularly like the hyphen in "[b]Bass-Guitar[/b]"!