Why become a member? ×

Sam Rivers (Limp Bizkit)

arabassist

I just thought we should give Sam Rivers from Limp Bizkit some love. I'm not a fan of bassists from metal genre (other than Timmy C) so i think this guy stands out a bit.

He's a good chappah.

this was one of the first songs i taught myself on the bass. :rolleyes: though i'm still not sure what rhythm to play when it gets to the headbanging bit.

he makes me wanna buy a 5 string warwick :)

Plus he had a Custom Ibanez BTB...the ONLY custom BTB and they NEVER released it!
He later had a Warwick with the Ibanez MR-2 bridge...very oddball, because he loved the bridge...then when he went exclusive...well...warwick bridge...I thought he prefered the MR-2?

He's real good. Plays in 5-string standrad tuning when Wes is in C# and actually climbs to the high frets too.

Very underrated and way better than Timmy C...Much more varied and interesting.

[quote name='Russ' post='551565' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:14 AM']Limp Bizkit... great musicians, awful band. All the instrumentalists are fantastic, but it's ruined with stupid, juvenile vocals and imagery.

Props to Sam though, very good player.[/quote]

+100000. totally agree.

they did get more 'mature' with their 'unquestionable truth' album but it sounded very RATM-esque.

'[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTGdFCPnkac"]The Truth[/url]' has an amazing bass intro (1:00)

[quote name='Russ' post='551565' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:14 AM']Limp Bizkit... great musicians, awful band. All the instrumentalists are fantastic, but it's ruined with stupid, juvenile vocals and imagery.

Props to Sam though, very good player.[/quote]

agreed.

c

[quote name='arabassist' post='551616' date='Jul 26 2009, 10:31 AM']'[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTGdFCPnkac"]The Truth[/url]' has an amazing bass intro (1:00)[/quote]

i'll admit i've never paid them much attention before, obviously i've heard of them, but just never really listened to them before. i didn't much like the song in the first post, but the second one posted by arabassist was a good song, i like it. also, he is a great player, although admittedly one i've never heard of before this thread.

[quote name='Josh' post='551562' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:31 AM']He is one of the best Bassist's in the genre, Sam and Ryan Martinie really do make Nu-Metal worth while.[/quote]

Yes exactly! More than a pentatonic scale for one.

But the Unquestionable Truth is a real weak album, 3 Dollar Bill is by far their best.

To say they are good but ruined by vocal content and image...Dude, that IS Bizkit's fine point, who else does that?
If not for that they'd be...well like a lot of average bands that got forgotten.
If your pissed off at someone don't tell me you never told them to f*** off...Let's all get away from being square and admit that putting it into music only makes it more real to yourself. It's one way to express, why not use it?
I'm an adult and I LOVE some of this in my music.

Bizkit's reunion meant a lot and LOADS were there at Download, including myself...and not ONE song from the UT album, only the good stuff.

Edited by Kongo