Why become a member? ×

Images from the house of mole

molan

A lot of these not taken by me - which explains the different backgrounds & image quality!

One day I'll get round to lining them all up together :rolleyes:

I'll try to upload them in order of purchase:

1) Zon VB4

2) Overwater J5

3) Spector NS5XL (walnut stain)

4) Spector NS5XL (water cured redwood)

5) Spector LX5

6) Ken Smith BSR5MW

7) Traben Bootsy Signature Space Bass

8) Alembic Rogue 5 (this one hasn't actually arrived yet!)

Technically there's a '75 RI Fender Jazz in the collection as well but it's more or less 'spoken for' already :)

[quote name='JBassist' post='550585' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:14 PM']nice basses

which 1's your favourite[/quote]

Tough call - I guess the current #1 is the walnut stained maple Spector NS5XL.

The redwood one is prettier & more versatile but it's a bit heavy for live work & has a gloss neck whilst the walnut stained one has a lovely satin neck.

The Zon has a bit of a 'special place' for me as it's just such a fantastic little bass. I keep toying with buying a 5'er but they've shot up in price over the last couple of years.

[quote name='lozbass' post='550931' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:23 AM']I can't begin to explain what that collection does to me...each and every one of those basses is special in so many ways. I am rather filled with envy![/quote]

Praise indeed from a man with Alembic, Fodera & Sei basses (amongst others!) in his collection :)

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='552243' date='Jul 27 2009, 12:24 AM']Great taste in instruments Molan - you've got pretty much most of my fave brands nailed right there. Gorgeous![/quote]

Which brands am I missing CK - where do I need to go shopping next :rolleyes:

[quote name='FenderAmpeg' post='552276' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:21 AM']Very nice assortment, how often do you play Bootsie? Did you do the build or buy it that way?[/quote]

The Traben only arrived on Friday and I've been laid up with some sort of bug for a few days so it hasn't been out much at all. Sounds HUGE though, lol.

It's an 'off the shelf' item as it happens but I think they are discontinued now. Music Farm often has one on US EBay for about $1,500 & sometimes they throw one out with out a reserve at a lower price to see who they can tempt. . .

Edited by molan