Why become a member? ×

I've only gone and bought a Bootsy Signature Star Bass!

molan

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='545860' date='Jul 20 2009, 11:09 PM']It's Bootsy baby! :)[/quote]

Been listening to Bootsy all evening

[i]. . . Bootzilla's here!
The world's only rhinestone rock star doll baba!
I wanna be your toy.
I wanna play for you . . .
Created by Funk-A-Tech Incorporated,
Makers of funky things to play with.
Wind me up, people!
Say what the . .
[/i]

Bought this on 12" in '78 & still have it :rolleyes:

Edited by molan

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='545875' date='Jul 20 2009, 11:26 PM']I'm old school rock/metal through and through, but Bootsy has always been my hero :) .[/quote]

Back in '78 I was in the tail end of punk but still listening to a lot of heavy rock.

Bootsy was my first funk outing & within a year or so I owned 14 Parliafunkadelicmentthang albums. Went to see them late '79 when I moved up to London & loved them so much I went back the next night & bought a ticket from a tout so i could get right down the front :rolleyes:

Thats one mad looking bass with an even madder electronic configuration. Nice one - how much did you get it for?

Funny enough, I was seriously considering getting a John Moyer Signature Traben as my quest for a cheapish Spector Legend 5 is proving elusive. Been offered one at a great price. Seriously considering it.

Well, it's arrived already and everything about this bass is just soooo over the top, lol.

When I saw the size of the box I assumed it had a lot of padding in it but it's just that the actual case itself is huge! Must be a third wider than a standard bass case.

It has a really deep powerful bottom end with everything turned on but not overly boomy or anything.

I can now see what they've done with the three Aggie pre-amps. Each one obviously has been pre set for a particular core sound. E.G the 'Ultra low pickup is really deep & powerful and the Ultra highs are simply just putting out high end frequencies.

So far I've just been playing with all 5 pickups on and the tone controls centred.

I couldn't resist running through a distortion & compressor into an envelope filter - the ultra lows mean that you can get a great funky bass sound without losing bottom end.

Will report more when I've had a decent chance to play it properly :)