Why become a member? ×

westone thunder 1A bass

pal1972

Just thinking of parting with this one at the mo! its an original 80's classic - Westone Thunder 1A active 4 string bass. Its in natural ash colour, bolt on neck, brass nut, brass bridge. The only non original thing is a thumb rest added by a previous owner. Plays great sounds awesome!!! Looking for £200 ono

[attachment=28869:_BTS5d8Q...vy_Q___1.jpg][attachment=28870:_BTS5ptg..._k7____0.jpg]

These are the really early ones from 1983 with the brass knobs and lettering logo (no eagle logo). I had one in black and used it for years. It was my first real bass. I loved it and it served me really well. I remember mine weighing a fair bit but the sound was great. Construction as you would expect coming from the Matsumoko factory was top drawer. You probably won't get a better quality bass for this price.

Have a free bump.

cheers for the bumps guys, need to point out that one of the brass tone knobs is missing, so ive replaced all three with aftermarket gold ones (since taking the photos), ive still got the two brass ones and ive been on westone website and i'm waiting for their stock of the brass ones to arrive so i can buy a replacement. I realise this may de-value the bass a tad? but it shouldn't as everytthing else on the bass is spot on.