Why become a member? ×

1x12 Shootouts

Musicman20

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='588720' date='Sep 3 2009, 03:24 PM']Don't anything about them other than they look interesting so what about the new cabs from orange?

[url="http://www.orange-amps.com/products.asp?Action=View&ID=116"]http://www.orange-amps.com/products.asp?Ac...View&ID=116[/url]

Just throwing into the mix....[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=58537&st=0&gopid=588946&#entry588946"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry588946[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Musicman20' post='541477' date='Jul 15 2009, 05:51 PM']Righty, as it approaches the middle of the month, and thus the all glorious pay day at the end, I think Im going to get one 1x12 and start my modular rig. I really like the tone of my Markbass Little Mark 3, and I want something that is small and easy to move. I need to make some decisions about it!

Decision #1 – Go with another Aguilar Setup, to it would be two DB112s eventually.

Advantages = I already like the tone, I know what I’m getting, the handles are on the side thus I wont be plonking my LM3 onto a handle and making it sit funny, the Tweed looks great, the price isn’t so bad, covers are very padded, pack a hell of a punch for a small cab, modular.

Disadvantages = Not light, I already have Aguilar gear so maybe this is overkill, not as crisp and articulate compared to the Bergs.

Decision #2 – Go with a Bergantino AE112 setup, so it would be two AE112s, eventually.

Advantages = The glowing reviews, lighter, Bergantino quality, very very articulate crisp and clear, nice and modular.

Disadvantages = Handles are on the top, so you need to cut out foam or something to raise your amp, (seems very strange considering the amount you pay) I have seen a few guys lose a lot of money selling them on these very forums, (am I at risk of losing virtually half of what I paid?!) which leads to the other disadvantage which is expense, and in addition with their expense, I might not use them as much as I should through worrying about them getting knocked, etc, does not have the thick bottom end that the Aguilar’s have, nowhere near as many users in the UK, I can buy Geoffs HS410 for less than one of these!!!! In addition, the spray finish looks excellent, but no corners?! I cant see them withstanding a lot.

Please don’t think I’m attacking anyone with the disadvantages, I’m just looking at it from my point of view.[/quote]

LIke I said in one of your other threads, you've got quite enough gear to be going on with, young sir! Leave some for the rest of us!!

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' post='606103' date='Sep 22 2009, 09:16 PM']LIke I said in one of your other threads, you've got quite enough gear to be going on with, young sir! Leave some for the rest of us!![/quote]
Tell me about it!

Still interesting though...as much as I dont need any more, its always good to buy it when you can, because as soon as I move down south and have a gap between jobs, ill be skint.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='606107' date='Sep 22 2009, 09:18 PM']Tell me about it!

Still interesting though...as much as I dont need any more, its always good to buy it when you can, because as soon as I move down south and have a gap between jobs, ill be skint.[/quote]

Well, just don't let that lady of yours get you anywhere near a jewellers while you're down there or you'll (or more like she'll) be spending all your money on flowers, function rooms and big white dresses. Then the nearest you'll get to a new rig will be looking on in envy at everyone elses, like I have to every night!