Why become a member? ×

Is there something wrong with my amp?

chris_pokkuri

Hi, I recently bought a Hartke LH1000. When I turn it on the relay protection circuit clicks on after about three seconds like it is supposed to but then there is no sound and it takes approx 5-10 seconds for the sound to start coming out?

Is this normal? Does this happen to other people who use the LH series?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

[quote name='chris_pokkuri' post='537945' date='Jul 11 2009, 04:01 PM']Hi, I recently bought a Hartke LH1000. When I turn it on the relay protection circuit clicks on after about three seconds like it is supposed to but then there is no sound and it takes approx 5-10 seconds for the sound to start coming out?

Is this normal? Does this happen to other people who use the LH series?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.[/quote]

My LH500 does this too. It's normal.

S.P.

This is also true of the old Hartke HA3500 heads. Mine makes an 'click' noise after a few seconds and the sound fades in to match the volume dial. Been like that since I bought it so assumed that it's the norm.

EDIT: will also say that the HA3500 has parallel solid state and valve pre-amps so I don't think it's the valve warming up. Must just be a large capacitor charging or something.

Edited by peted