Why become a member? ×

Help! Eden CXC110 for £600, worth it?

NJE

Hey all,

I have been offered a eden CXC110 combo for £600 should be around £750 normally supposedly. I cannot play this amp as it is some way away but have the option to send it back if I am not 100% satisfied but just wondered if anyone had any experience with this combo.

The situation is I want something different and smaller than my current Ashdown ABM300 and ABM 4x8 cab. I have always read great things about eden and have always wanted one but do not have the budget for the big stuff. I was thinking about pairing this with a Eden 2x10 or aguilar 112 for bigger stuff and on its own for practice although from what I have heard it does alright on its own with a band in a medium venue. I play five string in a rock band but we usually have PA support live and only play smaller venues.

I was just wondering what other folk would do? worth a stab? It is not the brand new series it is the older discontinued model but is new old stock hence the price I guess. Here is a pic:
[attachment=28577:zoom_cxc110.jpg]

Comments/advice/suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

Nathan

[quote name='NJE' post='536688' date='Jul 9 2009, 06:49 PM']Hey all,

I have been offered a eden CXC110 combo for £600 should be around £750 normally supposedly. I cannot play this amp as it is some way away but have the option to send it back if I am not 100% satisfied but just wondered if anyone had any experience with this combo.

The situation is I want something different and smaller than my current Ashdown ABM300 and ABM 4x8 cab. I have always read great things about eden and have always wanted one but do not have the budget for the big stuff. I was thinking about pairing this with a Eden 2x10 or aguilar 112 for bigger stuff and on its own for practice although from what I have heard it does alright on its own with a band in a medium venue. I play five string in a rock band but we usually have PA support live and only play smaller venues.

I was just wondering what other folk would do? worth a stab? It is not the brand new series it is the older discontinued model but is new old stock hence the price I guess. .....................
...................[/quote]

Wouldn't be my choice at that price... I'd use a 2x10 or 1x12 wih a view to doubling up the cabs at some point..so could end up running 2 1x12 or 2 2 x10 for example....

My route would 2 1x12 Auguila cabs to replace the Ashdown cab...and then save to get a better amp and then sell the Ashdown.

Might even consider the EBS stuff on here F/S.. but I do think you should try whatever you buy...if you can't demo the Eden, then look elsewhere...and that applies to any amp/cab IMV..

You have both confrimed my thoughts, I think I just needed to hear it from someone else. Its a nice looking thing but I need more power and more than a 1x10.

I am curently pestering a few folk on here about some gear so think I will leave it for now. Cheers for your help, this is why i love coming on here.

Many thanks,

Nathan

To offer a slightly different point of view, I have owned one of these, I think for over 4 years now, and I would not necessarily be so quick to dismiss it. It's a very flexible amp, you can easily remove the amplifier section which works perfectly as a standalone unit. The amplifier is hugely configurable, has tons of inputs/outputs, and works well with acoustic pickups - a very well thought out device. On a recent tour I put the amp in a rack case, and used the 1x10 speaker combined with an Eden d112xlt for amplifying my double bass and bass guitar, and the sound was great. Tons of power; I hardly had the volume dial turned at all.

My only concern nowadays would be that technology has moved on a bit, and you can get similar stuff that weighs less, although I think the amplifier section still stands against current competitors. It's slightly more powerful modern equivalent, the wt405, retails at £735 - and that's the amp alone;

[url="http://www.basscentre.com/bass-amps/eden-wt405-bass-head.html"]http://www.basscentre.com/bass-amps/eden-w...-bass-head.html[/url]

Other than the slightly lower power, the wt330 is the same, and for £600 you're effectively getting a free 10 inch speaker :-)

In your shoes I'd try to barter down from £600.

Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...

Worth having a look at is the `beeps` rig for sale currently .Eden metro combo plus Eden 2 x 10 xlt cab for £800.More power,more versatile and much better value than your prospective purchase if you can strech that couple of hundred quid further.As a metro owner myself i cant praise these combos high enough!!

Edited by jhk