Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz and Precision, New American Standard (2009)

Musicman20

Sounds great Lozz! I have been very careful with buying recently, and despite looking, I still haven't found the 'right' American Standard 2012 Precision. I am definitely going to go with Olympic White though, despite some of the other colours being cheaper at some stages of the year.

I tried a Charcoal Frost 2012 and it played and sounded awful. I don't think it had been looked after though.

As soon as there is some kind of offer or rebate, I'll be picking up a 2012/13 P bass.

I'm still unsure whether to stick with rosewood or get a maple to have a slightly different feel.

Well I went for maple purely as I wanted a recent US Standard with both rosewood and maple (as with my back getting worse, I need lighter Precisions than I`ve had previously). Plus I can then, as above, change the maple to look like a 57.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1361794034' post='1990817']
Well I went for maple purely as I wanted a recent US Standard with both rosewood and maple (as with my back getting worse, I need lighter Precisions than I`ve had previously). Plus I can then, as above, change the maple to look like a 57.
[/quote]

Congrats Lozz.
I did think you were cutting down on basses :) They both sound nice.
I'm GAS free :)

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1361821438' post='1991534']
Congrats Lozz.
I did think you were cutting down on basses :) They both sound nice.
I'm GAS free :)
[/quote]

Trying to Don, hence having the two below up for grabs. I`m settled on my 2011, that one`s going nowhere, and hopefully it will be the same for this 2012 - but only playing with the band will make the decision. I can`t see me disliking the sound it makes in the mix, so fairly sure this one is a keeper as well.