Why become a member? ×

LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT!

Musicman20

I'd add 2 Berg AE2x10's as something to consider long term...

that way you have modular for the big gigs, and can downsize to one for smaller gigs.

They are on my list to try as they would fit in my car as well.. and 40lbs ea..
I havel looked at 1x15 and 2x12 and they just seem a tad too big...but if
I were to have a van that could carry what I wanted..then maybe I would consider bigger cabs..
but since I carry my stuff mostly in 4 lifts max..then that is a hard habit to break and weight becomes key...

[quote name='51m0n' post='534427' date='Jul 7 2009, 09:34 AM']It is really tiny for a 410.

It fits in my BMW 3 series boot. To put that in context, not only does no other 410 do that, but the HT115 and th HT210 dont either. The ae210s and ae112s also fit in said boot (actually havent tried the ae112 but I've seen and lifted them and the important dimensions sure look like they'll go in).

It is remarkably shallow. Height and width are very tight to the minimum possible for a 410 (the cone size and wall thickness dictates this). It is a comfortable lift as a result of its relative compactness. You wouldnt want to take it to a gig on public transport by any means, but the usual negotiation of ramps/stairs stages isnt too much bother for me on my own. You can only just squeeze through an open door with it. Worst case scenario you would need to stick it on a trolley with your head and all else on top. As a two man lift its easy.[/quote]

very interesting......

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='Uncle Balsamic' post='540883' date='Jul 15 2009, 12:39 AM']Buy a Big One and be done with it :)[/quote]

The only problem with the Big One is its size...it looks quite large. Weight isnt an issue with it, but size might be.

[quote name='JTUK' post='541015' date='Jul 15 2009, 09:47 AM']I'd add 2 Berg AE2x10's as something to consider long term...

that way you have modular for the big gigs, and can downsize to one for smaller gigs.

They are on my list to try as they would fit in my car as well.. and 40lbs ea..
I havel looked at 1x15 and 2x12 and they just seem a tad too big...but if
I were to have a van that could carry what I wanted..then maybe I would consider bigger cabs..
but since I carry my stuff mostly in 4 lifts max..then that is a hard habit to break and weight becomes key...[/quote]

Yeah, the 2 AE210s seem like a perfect solution, but WOW....would that be expensive. Far too much....If I was spending that much id expect absolute perfection. It would be much easier than an AE410 though :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='541470' date='Jul 15 2009, 05:43 PM']The only problem with the Big One is its size...it looks quite large. Weight isnt an issue with it, but size might be.[/quote]

~4" taller than an AE410, ~2" narrower and ~1/2" deeper.

Not that much bigger.

Just taller really and even then, not by much.