Why become a member? ×

Markbass Jeff Berlin combo FS, with cover

Clarky

My Markbass Jeff Berlin combo is now FS as I have a Mesa Walkabout Scout combo incoming. Its a fabulous piece of kit and very loud as well as light. Only swapping over as I prefer the broader rock-sound options offered by valve pre-amp(s).

Its dated 11-2007 on the back and was bought new by Beedster in 2008 IIRC. We traded gear in late 2008 and I took home the Jeff Berlin. It was in extremely good nick at that time and remains so (FYI, jonthebass played it last week so hopefully he will attest to the condition of the combo). I have since bought a colour-coordinated (black/yellow!) padded cover (cost ~£45), which will come with it.

Hoping to get close to the other sale prices (£575-600) I have seen on BC. Given the pristine condition and brand new cover I think £575 is a very fair price.

Edit: photos are in post #4.

Afraid its a bit big to post (or at least I don't have a box that big) so collection preferred (I live nr Hammersmith, W. London).

Specifications

•SPEAKER: 1x15"
•TWEETER: none (Jeff doesn't like tweeters!)
•BASS REFLEX: rear
•IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
•SPEAKER POWER HANDLING: 400W RMS (AES Standard)
•AMP OUTPUT POWER: 500W @ 4 ohm / 300W @ 8 ohm
•PREAMP: solid state
•FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 40 Hz to 5 kHz
•SENSITIVITY: 100 dB SPL
•WEIGHT: 46.74 lbs / 21.2 kg
•HEIGHT: 21.93 in. / 55.7 cm
•WIDTH: 18.27 in. / 46.4 cm
•DEPTH: 18.9 in. / 48 cm

Edited by Clarky

As promised, it looks exactly like a Jeff Berlin combo :) I have put the cover next to it for those keen on colour matching!

[attachment=28106:clarky_basses_001.JPG][attachment=28107:clarky_basses_003.JPG][attachment=28108:cl
arky_basses_002.JPG]

I used one of these at a gig once – it was the supplied backline. I was absolutely blown away by it. I couldn’t believe the depth of tone for the size of it. Quality bit of kit this.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='531401' date='Jul 3 2009, 09:21 AM']I used one of these at a gig once – it was the supplied backline. I was absolutely blown away by it. I couldn’t believe the depth of tone for the size of it. Quality bit of kit this.[/quote]

+1 to all of the above. This was my combo before it went to Clarky and it's a blinder. I'd still have it if I didn't need the versatility of the head/cab option, but that said I'm still playing through pretty much the same combination.
Given the sound is pretty big, where this thing really wins is it's size, weight, and simplicity.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='530014' date='Jul 1 2009, 10:02 PM']...FYI, jonthebass played it last week so hopefully he will attest to the condition of the combo...[/quote]

Hi Clarky,

Sorry Mate, just seen this :)

Yes it was a blinder of an amp and in good nick!!!

Cheers,
Jon.