Why become a member? ×

Could Be Looking At New Amp Rig

Phaedrus

Hi All,

Haven't posted in a while - haven't been in a band for a some time, so not playing much bass.

Looks now like we'll be getting a pub covers band going again (probably Green Day, U2, Killers, RHCP, AC/DC etc, with some heavier stuff for good measure - QOTSA, Metallica, RATM . . .) it'll be me & guitarist from previous band, with his brother on drums and we'll source a singer once we've got the music nailed & smooth.

I'd been using a TNT 150 BW together with my previous drummer's Trace Elliot BLX80, but was on the brink of getting a Tour 450 + TVX 410 just before we split up.

I'd like to have some "decent" gear to rely on, and have always trusted Peavey - perfectly useable tone & features, and definitely built to last.

The Tour 450 + 4ohm TVX 410 would be €719 delivered from Thomann, while the ProFet 5.1 + 4ohm WCA 410 would be €766.

I won't be in a position to try-before-I-buy, but am happy to assume that I'd be reasonably impressed with either rig, but have read that the Tour 450 can seem to be lacking in power. The Peavey rig would be my first choice, but if someone can convince me that the Warwick rig would be "better" in any way, or that any other head + 4x10 set-up would be "better", I'd apreciate any comments & opinions.

I'm also looking for a compressor & chorus - I'll post over in the effects forum.

Thanks,

Mark

There seems to be a lot of love for a Markbass LMII paired to a Bareface Compact or Bigone.

Also, there's a Warwick rig in the for sale section.

Guess it depends on your budget and the sound you're looking for.

Good luck and good to hear your playing again.

Cheers,

There's a couple of shops in Belfast stocking Warwick gear.

With the current strength of the euro, a trip to Belfast could more than pay for itself when you compare Dublin prices.

If I can help just ask.

Frank

PS. You could also try my new Barefaced Compact........

Check this out:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48813"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48813[/url]

The warwick rig you're looking at for £500. Except the cab is the WCA 411 pro so its the better of the 410's that warwick do. There would obviously be delivery on top to Ireland, unless you fancied a road trip to Wales. Let me know if you are interested.

Chris.

Saw your in Dublin, that little music shop along the river, god i cant think of the name. You can out of temple bar go over the ha penny bridge and walk up the street to O'Connell street, its fairly small but they have Warwick stuff i nthere, amps included.

I'd agree with the Tour heads being a little underpowered (Owning the Tour 450 myself) but I also think the Pro Fet heads are also underpowered. My Tour 450 has had no problems and I've had it for over a year now. I know some people say the Tour heads sound a bit 'sterile' but I can't seem to find any of the sterileness. BGM agree too - they just gave the Tour heads an excellent review in the latest issue.