Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Lakland Jerry Scheff

giblett123

Four string Lakland “Jerry Scheff” signature skyline series bass in shoreline gold. Fantastic condition & a really solid bass. The cost of a custom order build forces sale. Specs are: Ash body, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard & dot inlays, kent armstrong "lipstick" tube pickups, Lakland 3 band active preamp, hipshot tuners, Lakland dual access bridge. New daddario rounds fitted & gig bag included. I'm looking for £600 (priced for quick sale) but may go for a good offer so feel free to try me! Based in Birmingham. Thanks for looking
[email protected]

Edited by giblett123

Ah I have found another owner, I have one of these.

Great great bass, very under rated, active, the two widely spaced pickups give a great range of tones.
I have TI flats on mine at the moment.
Whoever buys this wont be dissapointed

Yep, these things are going to become really difficult to get hold of, I've been in two minds whether to part with it as its a really lovely bass but I need the cash for another project & for the sake of marital bliss, apparently you can have too many basses!

Dang! That sure is purdy ... but then I'm half magpie on my mother's side.

There's not much about these basses out there.

What do all those knobs do? Is there a blend?

Can it be played in passive mode?

Do the lipstickers hum/buzz at all?

How hard-wearing is the tinsel finish?

And what does the bass weigh?

About the offers - are you easily offended? :)

Hi,

knobs are volume, pick up blend, & 3 band eq. There is a passive bypass by pulling up the volume knob. I've not had any probs with buzz or noise from it so far so should be ok. Weight wise it is light, probably in the region of 8lbs although I've not put it on the scales. Finish? It seems good, the Lakeland's have a rep for being really well built & finished (way better than quite a few American Fenders)! so the is no reason to suppose otherwise (this one has no marks & is pretty much as new)! Price..... Oooohhhh They were going out at £1100 new & it is mint so already discounted.... dunno, try me!

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='522651' date='Jun 24 2009, 03:05 PM']Dang! That sure is purdy ... but then I'm half magpie on my mother's side.

There's not much about these basses out there.

What do all those knobs do? Is there a blend?

Can it be played in passive mode?

Do the lipstickers hum/buzz at all?

How hard-wearing is the tinsel finish?

And what does the bass weigh?

About the offers - are you easily offended? :)[/quote]

[quote name='giblett123' post='522689' date='Jun 24 2009, 04:13 PM']Hi,

knobs are volume, pick up blend, & 3 band eq. There is a passive bypass by pulling up the volume knob. I've not had any probs with buzz or noise from it so far so should be ok. Weight wise it is light, probably in the region of 8lbs although I've not put it on the scales. Finish? It seems good, the Lakeland's have a rep for being really well built & finished (way better than quite a few American Fenders)! so the is no reason to suppose otherwise (this one has no marks & is pretty much as new)! Price..... Oooohhhh They were going out at £1100 new & it is mint so already discounted.... dunno, try me![/quote]

I agree with all the above although mine is nearer 9 than 8 lbs, never had a buzz issue.

Im not sure if this came from there but the shoreline gold scheff was a steve barr dudepit special when that was around, leastways mine was.