Why become a member? ×

Anyone watching Leonard Cohen on BBC4?

Huge Hands

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='518853' date='Jun 19 2009, 09:14 PM']Was just wondering what the red fiver with maple neck was the bass player is using?

Any ideas?[/quote]

It's the Roscoe Beck signature Fender, appropriate being as he's Roscoe Beck I guess...!

I was at that gig, Cohen was god-like.

Edited by WinterMute

[quote name='WinterMute' post='518860' date='Jun 19 2009, 09:20 PM']It's the Roscoe Beck signature Fender, appropriate being as he's Roscoe Beck I guess...!

I was at that gig, Cohen was god-like.[/quote]

Doh!, another face put to a name there then for me.....

I am certainly enjoying it now. Chilling in the calm before the next new-baby-feed/nappy storm...

As I'm typing this, Hallelujah has just come on.

Hallelujah!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='518904' date='Jun 19 2009, 10:11 PM']Yeah I've been watching this since about 9:30

Working till 8:30pm on a Friday night, what a f***ing legend I am!! (or a mug :rolleyes:)[/quote]
It's on again at 12:40 and 3:10 AM if you want to see the start :)

[quote name='bythesea' post='518911' date='Jun 19 2009, 10:19 PM']It's on again at 12:40 and 3:10 AM if you want to see the start :)[/quote]

I may have to do just that...regardless of the fact that I'm in the office 9-5 tomorow :rolleyes:

[quote name='foal30' post='519100' date='Jun 20 2009, 09:40 AM']my old man has been to literally thousands of gigs

and he says this Leonard Cohen stuff was at the top of the pile. A+ stuff.
a spiritual experience by all accounts.[/quote]

One of the best gigs I have ever seen, and I've seen a few biggies in my time.

It wasn't a one-off either, I took the in-laws to one of the repeat performances later that year, and it was another absolute cracker.

Never seen one man hold a 20,000+ seat stadium in complete silence while he recites a poem...

There were people crying in the aisles.

As I said, god-like.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='519148' date='Jun 20 2009, 10:57 AM']Missed it, is it on iPlayer or whatever?

Bit of a fan when the mood takes me.[/quote]

It's on iPlayer

[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00l6dhm"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00l6dhm[/url]

All the hairs on my neck keep standing up. If it's like that just watching the tv I've really got to make more of an effort to see him live...

Edited by bartelby