Why become a member? ×

7 string's family photo

7string

First time I've managed to get a shot of Jezebel (Sei 7) and Minnie (ACG 9) together.

From left to right:

[b]Conklin GT7[/b] - de-fretted and ramped by Jon Shuker.

[b]Jackson 'Kip Winger' 4 string[/b] - had this bass for many, many years and it still sounds and plays great,. Going to treat it to some new pots (ooooo !!).

[b]ACG 9 string[/b] - you'll find the build thread link in my sig.

[b]Sei Offset Flamboyant 7 string[/b] - the idea for a lacewood top and back came from owning the Jackson

[b]James Tyler 4 string w/D-Basser ebony ramp[/b] - Tyler basses are as good as his guitars (if a lot rarer).

My Dean 12, my old Yamaha BB400 fretless and Kinderbasje 1 string are just out of shot. They are still played and needed though :)

Absolutlely brilliant collection mate.
I've personally played each and every one of those basses and I'm inconsolably jealous of you Mark!

You're a lucky dog :rolleyes:

Hope you're doing well man :)

Oh, and [b]LeftyJ[/b] - the Tyler was an absolute dream to play!

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='517326' date='Jun 18 2009, 12:49 PM']Love the Tyler! Does it have that incredible Demeter preamp?[/quote]

Yup. The Tyler has the Demeter pre. Its 3 bands act on quite a small range focussing on the mids, rather than 3 bands over a wide range of frequencies. The 3 centres are switchable too.

I have found about 4 other Tyler owners, none of them in the UK though !!

[quote name='eude' post='517346' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:05 PM']Absolutely brilliant collection mate.
I've personally played each and every one of those basses and I'm inconsolably jealous of you Mark!

You're a lucky dog :lol:

Hope you're doing well man :)

Oh, and [b]LeftyJ[/b] - the Tyler was an absolute dream to play!

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

Thanks Eude. I'm not doing to bad thanks.

The Tyler plays so well. I've played a lot of 4 atrings and the Tyler is the best one I've played.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='517391' date='Jun 18 2009, 01:55 PM']mmmm i want that fretless.[/quote]

Conklin GT7's are available from Bass Central and Bass NW in the States. The exchange rate means that their not as cheap as they were though. Bought mine for $800 (inc. shipping) some 7 years ago now. Jon Shuker did a great job on the de-fret and ramp.

[quote name='josh3184' post='517403' date='Jun 18 2009, 02:09 PM']that is one hell of a lot of wood![/quote]

All good wood though :rolleyes: