Why become a member? ×

Lovely Jackson 5 string Bass + Case

2x18

I have come to the conclusion that 5 Strings are not for me,-----

Its a made in Japan model about 10 years old but in good condition for age, and has Duncan designed pickups and active circuit.

34" scale with almost flat neck radius and good string spacing ( approx 18mm at bridge )

Nice low action and it comes in the correct well used but servicable Jackson /Charvel Fitted Case

What have you got? I am in Leeds and you are welcome to come and Try it out

[attachment=27254:DSCF1128.JPG][attachment=27255:DSCF1129.JPG][attachment=27256:DSCF1133.JPG][attach
ment=27257:DSCF1134.JPG][attachment=27259:DSCF1135.JPG]

Edited by 2x18

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is going to sound really dumb but when I first saw the title of this listing I read it as:

Lovely Jackson 5 . . . String Bass

And I genuinely thought it was a custom bass with some sort of Jackson 5 mural painted on it, :)

Well worth a free bump from me anyway!

[quote name='molan' post='530208' date='Jul 2 2009, 08:21 AM']I know this is going to sound really dumb but when I first saw the title of this listing I read it as:

Lovely Jackson 5 . . . String Bass

And I genuinely thought it was a custom bass with some sort of Jackson 5 mural painted on it, :)

Well worth a free bump from me anyway![/quote]
:rolleyes:

[quote name='M4L666' post='534112' date='Jul 6 2009, 08:23 PM']Ok. Thanks for that. What are the pickups like?[/quote]
The pickups and active circuit are Duncan designed

Its not your typical Jackson hard sound.

Sound wise I would say its a good Jazz bass sound but much more versatile
A very good warm sound but it can be made to sound very bright if you need to.
Probably not ideal for slapping to be honest, but great for any other style and it cuts through the mix very well.

You are welcome to come and try it out!

Will.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='538291' date='Jul 12 2009, 09:25 AM']Width of the neck at the nut please...? (and string spacing at that end of the neck :) )

seems like a bit of a bargin to mee![/quote]

Neck is 45mm wide at nut

and string spacing at nut is 10mm between B and E strings ---reducing to 8.5mm between D and G strings

Regards

Will.

[quote name='Zach' post='538299' date='Jul 12 2009, 09:43 AM']fancy a straight trade for my rockbass?[/quote]
Sorry ----- I dont get on with Warwicks!
But thanks for the offer.

Will.

• 3 weeks later...

Same Bass for sale in USA Starting at over £200.00 in grotty Violet/Purple

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JACKSON-5-String-Active-BASS-2000-Made-in-JAPAN-Great_W0QQitemZ230362946369QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item35a2b39b41&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JACKSON-5-String-Act...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

So come on grab a bargain First £140.00 collected inc case!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...