Why become a member? ×

massive props to D'addario

MythSte

Just a quickie,

I recently bought some D'addario XL nickels and the E was dead right out of the packet. (Ive had a couple of sets of these now so i knew somehting wasnt right) Anyway, They sent not one, but THREE packs out to me within the week to apologise. How nice was that!

Theyvre secured my custom thats for sure ^_^

I am yet to use anything other than EB slinky's on my jazz bass... they all cost so much! It's like going to starbucks! You find one coffee that you like, knowing that there's much better coffees and much worse coffees, and next tie you go in there, you just get the same one because you're afraid of specing £3.50 on a coffe that tastes horrible!! XDXDXD Thus with bass strings...

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='514876' date='Jun 15 2009, 11:23 PM']So great customer service, but poor quality control? :)[/quote]

No I don't think so, I've been using D'Addarios for years - phosphor bronze on my Acoustic, lots and lots of sets of XLs for electric guitar and a set of half rounds on my Precision - never had a problem with a set until I tried these banjo strings and had no further problems with the replacement set. I had a set of Rotosound flats, one broke out of the pack and another was dead - again the only problem I've had with Rotos, but issue sorted quckly by Rotosound and was very happy - wouldn't stop me buying either Rotosound or D'Addarios in future

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='514963' date='Jun 16 2009, 08:14 AM']No I don't think so, I've been using D'Addarios for years - phosphor bronze on my Acoustic, lots and lots of sets of XLs for electric guitar and a set of half rounds on my Precision - never had a problem with a set until I tried these banjo strings and had no further problems with the replacement set. I had a set of Rotosound flats, one broke out of the pack and another was dead - again the only problem I've had with Rotos, but issue sorted quckly by Rotosound and was very happy - wouldn't stop me buying either Rotosound or D'Addarios in future[/quote]

The fact i can deaden a pair of rotos in two gigs stops me buying any in the future, but i feel thats for a seperate thread ^_^ :)