Why become a member? ×

LaBella Jamerson Flat set * SOLD *

Now that jwbassman's set has sold, I am putting up FS the same set of LaBella Flats (760M), 4-a-side for Fenders.

Tried them after various recommendations on BC but turns out that I am not a real man and can't cope with the transatlantic cable like gauge and string tension (they are 52, 73, 95 and 110 gauge). Literally put them on my P bass one day, played them that night at home and then (more in hope than expectation) the next night, then took them off again!

£15 posted

Edited by Clarky

• 1 year later...

Clarky, just came across your post and had exactly the same problem - as I've heard said I needed a friend to play Bb ;-) And the action on the Squire P-bass was low. However solved the problem accidentally by wanting to learn Anthony Jackson's "Move Me No Mountain" which is detuned down 2 tones to C/F/Bb/Eb. Tension all gone and sounds great! Also love the contrast to of the fat, slippery strings although it's almost fretless as I can't feel the frets anymore with these strings!

[quote name='Clarky' post='1144668' date='Feb 28 2011, 05:18 PM']Blimey, old thread resuscitation award! These were sold in June 2009 :)[/quote]

That's what happens when you get newbies like me about to post and go searching in case it's been said before - and then find something interesting! Dangerous peeps, newbies ;-)