Why become a member? ×

Music shops in Miami

razze06

Hello Folks

So i'll be in Miami for work and then holiday for a couple of weeks. It's the storm season, so i expect to have some time off from lying on the beach (tough, I know, but hey...), and was wondering if anyone knew of some interesting music gear shop in the area...
I'm not looking to buy anything in particular, but you never know, with this weaker dollar an'all...
Any recommendations welcome :-)

[quote name='razze06' post='512299' date='Jun 12 2009, 05:07 PM']Hello Folks

So i'll be in Miami for work and then holiday for a couple of weeks. It's the storm season, so i expect to have some time off from lying on the beach (tough, I know, but hey...), and was wondering if anyone knew of some interesting music gear shop in the area...
I'm not looking to buy anything in particular, but you never know, with this weaker dollar an'all...
Any recommendations welcome :-)[/quote]

Bass Central is a bit further north in Orlando. Not exactly a stroll from the beach though.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='512524' date='Jun 12 2009, 11:26 PM']Bass Central is a bit further north in Orlando. Not exactly a stroll from the beach though.[/quote]

It took me about 3 1/2 hours. [ driving, not walking :) ]
But it is a great shop.

Garry

Hmm, whereabouts are you staying? South Beach kind of area?

I've been to Miami quite alot and honestly it's pretty much barren for that kind of thing. If you really need a fix go to the Sam Ash at the Dolphin Mall. Has some nice laklands and some other models you don't often see around the UK (like Traben, ESP and stuff). Also you can just pick off the wall and play in the US so that's kinda nice.

Also if you go to the Dolphin Mall I can recommend a restaurant there called Charcoals. Looks like sh*t but my god it's amazing, life shortening food. Love it :D . It's next to the boarders there.

There is also a small Guitar Center about an hourish drive away from South Beach in Kendall.

Just enjoy the sun mate :) , and try and have a walk around the Art Deco district. It's not very big but it's a nice walk if the weather's nice and there's also a Haagen Daas ice cream place so you can cool down :rolleyes: . Downtown isn't particularly interesting either tbh. Have a great time though, it's an amazing place to relax :lol: