Why become a member? ×

Bassists are boring....

When I read an interview I want to understand myself more though it.

I think virtually all people have the capacity to be interesting, even fascinating. It depends what they are talking about, who's asking the questions or having a discussion with them, and if you are interested in what they are talking about. It largely depends on the duologue or dialogue containing a large percentage of content that relates to you personally and gives you surprising and useful insight or answers questions you yourself want to ask.

It also depends on how "interesting" you perceive yourself to be, and whether you are interested in the person, or simply want to know how they do what they do in order to help you achieve your technical goals.

I'm not particularly interested in "what", "when" and "where". I am, however, very interested and curious as to the "why" and "how". That's why I enjoy autobiography and not history and technical books.

Personally, ask me a boring question and I'll give a boring answer but ask me the right question and you'll not get me to shut up.

Possibly tired journalists asking the same tired questions and the musicians in question have been asked them so many times that what comes out is completely automatic and thus - boring.

I have no time for 'bass players' as I consider myself a musician and part of a band. I love bass players that are part of a band and good musicians in their own right but have no time for the w@nky ones. You could play a million miles an hour but if the song shounds sh*t then you're wasting your time

I also enjoy reading bass player and other musician biographies over actual interviews

Edited by Delberthot

I've been told that I look like a god

Budha is a god?

I'm told I have go to bed eyes. The girls take one look at me and tell me to go to bed cos I look knackered

I did manage to pull one night - the thing was that i was playing at the time but the keyboard player offered to fill in for a couple of songs while I danced with the girl in question. I need to add that we were playing at a wedding!

Edited by Delberthot