Why become a member? ×

LM11 vs EAiamp

symcbass

Wondered if anyone had A/B'd the two. Love the Iamp800, I was worried at first It would be sterile, but It's got a solid bottom ed for upright, and the EQ is very useable, just curious if anyone can throw some light on sound differences between the two. I've come across a 2nd hand LM11 for sale and wondered if It would be for me. Playing upright, I like a deep woody scooped tone, old school jazz sound (with some slap thrown in)...............

Not a very fair comparison as I never tried them with the same speaker cab, but I had an iAmp 350 combo and now have a Markbass CMD121P combo (which has the LMII head built in). I found the iAmp to be sterile and somewhat lacking but the Markbass is much warmer and more musical to my ears. The iAmp does have a much more versatile EQ, but I found myself leaving it flat most of the time but using the Countour 1 switch to get rid of a bit of midrange honk. The Markbass I just leave flat and it sounds great.

Thanks. Also wondered about any big differences in volume between both(the lm11 & 800), cheers. If there wasn't much in It volume wise, I might buy the Markbass, If It is much warmer sounding, sounds right up my street. I hate having to over EQ to get rid of honking mids with my upright.

I recently sold an iAmp 500 and replaced it with an LMK. Both are great amps and, to me, very true to the sound of the instruments I put through them. I almost always run everything as near to flat as I can, but must admit the Contour 1 button on the iAmp is a bit special.

The LMK can go [u]much[/u] louder.