Why become a member? ×

Bacchus "62" Jazz bass in Red **sold**

OldGit

Got this from Derek DJ2257 a few weeks ago and it's really nice. Well worth the reputation that Bacchus basses have but I really must wake up and smell the java "OldGit, you don't get on with jazz basses"

So here it is ..

[b]£495[/b] plus postage, or delivery, which is what I paid for it.

The only (PX) trade I'm looking for is a '62 re-issue MIJ P bass rosewood board / strap peg on headstock. Preferably a mojo'd up older one.

[attachment=26713:body.jpg]
[attachment=26714:headstock.jpg]
[attachment=26715:neckplate.jpg]
[attachment=26716:whole.jpg]
[attachment=26717:front_2.jpg]

Here's Derek's original advert info:
----------------------------
BACCHUS (JAPAN) BJB-62 JAZZ BASS - VINTAGE SERIES
The bass I have for sale here is a stunning replica of a '62 Fender Jazz in a very accurate fiesta red. It is in excellent condition having only a couple marks on the body - I would rate the condition as a good 8/10. The neck and fingerboard are both unmarked and the frets are in great condition. Playability is everything you would expect of a Bacchus - the bass is effortless to play with a nice low action. The sound is pure vintage Jazz.

The attention to detail and materials used are of the highest quality. Japanese luthiery at it's best.
The body is premium alder (2 piece).
The finish is nitrocellulose.
Bacchus made pickups.
All hardware is Gotoh (I think).
The fit and finish is perfect - has a nice tight neck pocket!
A gigbag is included.
-------------------------------------

Edited by OldGit

Guest BassKS

I wish my 62 MIJ P bass sunburst with tortoiseshell and strap pin on headstock werent modified to PJ with EMGS.....

Bump for the bass !!
Hi Simon , easy to answer here !
It's very difficult to get a precise year from Bacchus for the vintage series but yours is approximately from the mid 90's.
Mine (N* 1 Bass) is a 005 and it's from 94/95 , yours I think is a 95/96 or 97 the latest. Hope this will help and good luck for the sale !!
Guys don't miss this one , at this price is sure the best JB vintage like you will find.
Cheers from France

Fd

[quote name='funkydario' post='508896' date='Jun 9 2009, 11:26 AM']Bump for the bass !!
Hi Simon , easy to answer here !
It's very difficult to get a precise year from Bacchus for the vintage series but yours is approximately from the mid 90's.
Mine (N* 1 Bass) is a 005 and it's from 94/95 , yours I think is a 95/96 or 97 the latest. Hope this will help and good luck for the sale !!
Guys don't miss this one , at this price is sure the best JB vintage like you will find.
Cheers from France

Fd[/quote]

Thanks Dario!

[quote name='OldGit' post='508346' date='Jun 8 2009, 05:14 PM']The only (PX) trade I'm looking for is a '62 re-issue MIJ P bass rosewood board / strap peg on headstock. Preferably a mojo'd up older one.[/quote]
Or alternatively, get a minter and drive over it in your car :)

• 2 weeks later...