Why become a member? ×

I've been bassless for nearly 2 months

umcoo

This is driving me crazy. I'm making a fender/warmoth jazz and it's all set to go apart from tuners and pickups. Tuners are from Sussex and were shipped 2 weeks ago, first class. Nothing yet.

Pickups were shipped 5 WEEKS ago from the US, and nothing yet. I'm getting a feeling they're somewhere at the bottom of the Atlantic. Anyone have really bad experiences with shipping or really long times?

I just wanted to vent sorry, it's time like this you realise how much you just sit and pick up a bass when you're hanging out.

Oh well, there's always tomorrows post!

[quote name='umcoo' post='506497' date='Jun 5 2009, 05:13 PM']This is driving me crazy. I'm making a fender/warmoth jazz and it's all set to go apart from tuners and pickups. Tuners are from Sussex and were shipped 2 weeks ago, first class. Nothing yet.

Pickups were shipped 5 WEEKS ago from the US, and nothing yet. I'm getting a feeling they're somewhere at the bottom of the Atlantic. Anyone have really bad experiences with shipping or really long times?

I just wanted to vent sorry, it's time like this you realise how much you just sit and pick up a bass when you're hanging out.

Oh well, there's always tomorrows post![/quote]

Hang in there dude. I ordered some pickups that took 3 months! And I ordered a strap which was in the UK in 2 days... but held in customs for 6 weeks.

No tracking numbers for Priority Mail for USPS if it was sent in an envelope apparently. I'm kicking myself because I've never had any problem with shipping, and the guy offered a more expensive type of shipping with numbers, but I said no.

I'll get onto RM soon, I think it's 15 days you have to wait before they look into it.

I'm now tempted to buy more new tuners and pickups, but I know the minute I do it, they'll turn up!

[quote name='umcoo' post='506497' date='Jun 5 2009, 05:13 PM']This is driving me crazy. I'm making a fender/warmoth jazz and it's all set to go apart from tuners and pickups. Tuners are from Sussex and were shipped 2 weeks ago, first class. Nothing yet.

Oh well, there's always tomorrows post![/quote]

Where are you based - I'm sure there's someone here who could lend you something if you're having withdrawal symptoms, lol.

I'm in Lancaster, Lancashire. It's just annoying seeing a beautiful neck and body sat there screaming to be rocked out with, but alas, I must wait. Just been reading about USPS taking many weeks to reach their destination, so mayeb there's some hope it's still out there.