Why become a member? ×

Fender Classic series Jazz Basses

pegman1

You know the new 70's styled ones that are made in mexico, anyone got one? What dyou think of them? I played one at my local store
and the guy in the shop was really liking em' saying the only difference between this one and the american standards was about 80 miles.
Anyone agree with that would be interesting to hear your opinions.

I'd love to see how they compare to a MIJ '75 Jazz RI. In price, the MIJ is somewhere halfway inbetween the MIM and the MIA. I wonder if the same goes for quality and workmanship. I've heard lots of good things about the MIM and in its specifications it's actually closer to a real '70's Jazz than the MIJ, if only because of the authentic pickup placement (on the MIJ, the bridge pickup is in its regular '60's position).

[quote name='LeftyJ' post='505253' date='Jun 4 2009, 08:41 AM']I'd love to see how they compare to a MIJ '75 Jazz RI. In price, the MIJ is somewhere halfway inbetween the MIM and the MIA. I wonder if the same goes for quality and workmanship. I've heard lots of good things about the MIM and in its specifications it's actually closer to a real '70's Jazz than the MIJ, if only because of the authentic pickup placement (on the MIJ, the bridge pickup is in its regular '60's position).[/quote]

I didn't know there was a difference in the pickup position....explain please.

Thanks.

[quote name='Geek99' post='505301' date='Jun 4 2009, 09:55 AM']The 60s bridge pickup is nearer the scratchplate (I have a CIJ 62 RI) than the 70s - judging visually against mine I'd guess there's maybe 15 mm in it[/quote]

Thanks........you learn something new each day. :)