Why become a member? ×

My pedals are falling off!

Hi Guys,

I have a pedal board by Diagio and every time I get to a gig the pedals have fallen off the floor and everything is in a real mess.

It seems that the carpet has frayed and just has too much movement in it. Can anyone recommend a way that I can keep these pedals in place?

Really not keen to re-carpet it - anyone else had the same problem with these boards?

Thanks

Mark

I've found that the velcro holds fine to the carpet. More than fine - so much so that the weight of the pedals can quite easily pull the carpet up from the board.

I pulled the carpet off, used PVA glue to stick it back own, an once it had dried, used about 15 roofing nails to hold it down. Don't just nail round the edges though - a few in the middle will help :)

I've had no problems since doing this. But not everyone can be arsed, I know.

you could staple gun strips of velcro (fuzzy side) over the existing carpet or if you're pretty happy with your set up then use it just where you need it in squares. solves the over frayed carpet issue and the staples should keep the pedals from lifting the velcro off

i did this on mine cuz i was worried about the carpet lifting off and its worked a treat, of course mine was a homemade board not a diago one... i'm guessing a load of staples/nails etc may affect the resale value a touch :)

My sax player actually works for 3M so I have tried this product already without success but to be fair this was more due to the frayed carpet rather than the tape. I might try the other tip mentioned and staple more velcro fuzzy side up on to the board or perhaps try a Pedaltrain board as that seems to not have this problem!

Thanks

Mark

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='502514' date='May 31 2009, 07:57 PM']3M Dual Lock is a heavy duty velcro & is readily available on EBay. Give it a try[/quote]