Why become a member? ×

Beware of this Stingray

kevbass

[quote name='Beedster' post='52926' date='Aug 30 2007, 06:29 PM']I got my new racing bike nicked when I was a kid and the policeman who called at the house simply said "bloody stupid place to leave it, what did you expect". I think that to be honest, he had a point :)[/quote]
Fair comment - I bow gracefully from the fray.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='53050' date='Aug 30 2007, 11:03 PM']Did you nick his bike?

:)[/quote]
Nah - but I had a very nice one nicked from the back garden - which I wrongly assumed to be so remote and at the dead end of a row of isolated cottages as to be safe as houses. And yes I blamed myself for leaving it out and unlocked. Never assume something is safe. Of course I was wrong to blame myself the fault for the theft lay entirely one hundred percent with the thief for stealing it but it's natural to think "Damn I should have locked that".
Damn I bowed out of this debate - stop dragging me back in.

True story.

A scumbag scroat... sorry young man, was on the roof of one of our local schools and fell through a defective skylight (odd that it was defective considering there was a 'kin HUGE screwdriver next to said skylight). Broke several bones and has subsequently successfully took the Governors/Authority to court for negligence! It was obviously 100% the Governors/Authority's fault for not ensuring the roof/skylight were secure.

You'd be so tempted to take him back up and chuck him down again.