Why become a member? ×

What rack case for Ashdown ABM EVO III rack amp??

Linus27

Looking to get a 2u rack case for my Ashdown ABM EVO III rack amp head. Has anyone done the same and can recommend what they are using or suggest any. My local shop has the Stagg one but not sure if its any good. Need it in a bit of a hurry as in this Saturday if possible :)

Thanks

[quote name='Linus27' post='494689' date='May 21 2009, 09:51 PM']Looking to get a 2u rack case for my Ashdown ABM EVO III rack amp head. Has anyone done the same and can recommend what they are using or suggest any. My local shop has the Stagg one but not sure if its any good. Need it in a bit of a hurry as in this Saturday if possible :)

Thanks[/quote]

Ooo, you gassed on an ABM then? Good work, how do you like it compared to your MAG?

[quote name='phatbass787' post='495429' date='May 22 2009, 06:00 PM']Ooo, you gassed on an ABM then? Good work, how do you like it compared to your MAG?[/quote]

Yeah, I ended up getting an ABM EVO III 575 rack mount head and the ABM 4 x 10. Not got the ABM 4 x 10 yet as that will be coming at the end of May. The ABM head though through my MAG speakers so far sounds yummy. I have only had it for 1 night now but its very very warm sounding and not so clean as the MAG. I can understand why some think the ABM is woolier than the MAG but its easy to dial that out. I'm still playing with the settings but my Stingray sounds really full and punchy. Need to try the Lakland Duck Dunn later. I also bet my ESP Jazz will sound incredible. Really looking forward to getting the ABM 4 x 10 and trying the full setup. The only downside is the weight. Its 14kg and it feels it.

I am also playing fretless in an acoustic band so I might end up keeping my MAG 2 x 10 and getting the Little Giant 350 so I got a lightweight rig also. Not overly impressed with the Little Giant I was kindly allowed to trial but it will do for the fretless and its light. Just need to find a cheap Little Giant 350 now :)