Why become a member? ×

Ebay/Paypal refunds, do you think I'm eligable???

Johnny Hoof

[quote name='BarnacleBob' post='509744' date='Jun 9 2009, 11:33 PM']That is a total bummer of a story and soory to hear you had such a hassle!
I have never (touch wood) had any bother with eBay/Paypal but am reluctant to use it now as I feel my time is due - luckily i use a little independent music shop in Glasgow to sell any gear for me on commission - I just tell them what I'd be happy making out of it and let them get on with it.
I find buying and selling on eBay can be quite stressful even if things are going ok - it only takes one prick to ruin your day.

Hope it all turns ok

BB[/quote]

I've always taken the view - and advised anybody else that asks - never spend more on Ebay than you could put up with losing. I've never been burned but I've come close a couple of times.

• 2 weeks later...
:)

Hello bass players of Earth.

Could not help seeing the crap written about us by your Johnny Hoof, and in the interests of balance you should know that Paypal granted our appeal on the basis that the amp was damaged beyond repair coming back to us and that Mr Hoof had blown up the output transformer when he used it at a rehearsal without the right load on the speaker output.

If he had only said that he had made a mistake and wanted to return it, we would have gladly come and got it.
Or paid for its return. It was a classy amp.
For you non valve people, we used it with only 2 output tubes at a rehearsal for one of our endorsees and it was too loud. Louder than the 5K Martin PA, 4 4X12's and an extreme drummer. Can you imagine how all 4 would pull a mind apart? Not pretty!

Instead he tries to justify his actions by trashing us.

We build great amps. We ship all over the world. Our amps all come with an unlimited lifetime warranty, and I would just ask what we gain out of this?

Wouldn't you get angry?

Dear sheldonamps,

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the following transaction:

Complaint Details
------------------------------
Buyer's name: xxxxxxx
Buyer's email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Transaction date: 19 Apr 2009
Transaction amount: 569.99 GBP
Your transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Case number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have granted your appeal, the item must be shipped back to PayPal.
Once you have shipped the item you will need to provide us with a valid
return tracking number that confirms delivery. Once we confirm delivery
then we will issue your refund.

Please use the following shipping address:

PayPal Returns
PO Box 45951
Omaha, NE 68145-0951

Make sure to include your case number in the address above. PayPal is not
responsible for materials that are lost during shipment.

Please reply to this email to provide the tracking information for the
returning item within 10 calendar days. When the shipment is verified by
PayPal, the refund will be issued to you. If you do not provide this
information to PayPal, the investigation will end and the claim will be
cancelled.

Thank you for your co-operation and for using PayPal Buyer Protection.

Yours Sincerely,
Marie
Protection Services Department
PayPal, an eBay Company Edited by Hamster
removal of personal information

[quote name='sheldonamps' post='521120' date='Jun 22 2009, 08:31 PM']:rolleyes:[/quote]

You're well within your rights to respond but just to clarify... have you been threatening toward the OP and have you made any reference to finding out who his band is and getting some one to sort him out? Also exactly how did you package a fragile valve amp and regardless of whether 'you' think the amp was plenty loud enough with 2 valves (louder than a 5k rig :) ... really?), don't you think it should have been shipped with the requisite number?

I am confused however as to who has been refunded by PayPal?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='521144' date='Jun 22 2009, 08:53 PM']You're well within your rights to respond but just to clarify... have you been threatening toward the OP and have you made any reference to finding out who his band is and getting some one to sort him out? Also exactly how did you package a fragile valve amp and regardless of whether 'you' think the amp was plenty loud enough with 2 valves (louder than a 5k rig :) ... really?), don't you think it should have been shipped with the requisite number?

I am confused however as to who has been refunded by PayPal?[/quote]

The Sound City B200 can use 2 or 4 valves. We always used it as a 2 valve output because of it's extreme volume(+120db at 1 metre) and tone. I would defy anybody except a stadium player to be able to use it with all 4 tubes.
Yes, I promised to collect from this character because he f**ked up a perfectly good amp which is now lost to us all. He did not have the guts to come out and say so and that kinda pissed me off.
Sorry.
Non of the carriers believe him, and Paypal spoke in person to my neighbour who received the amp back in front of 2 of his serving policeman friends, who by the way owe me nothing.
You could say we were lucky, but the only way for us to recover is to sue him or return the pile of crap that came back to Paypal for the refund.

He knows the size of the stunt he has pulled, but how gullible are you lot?

[quote name='sheldonamps' post='521276' date='Jun 22 2009, 10:59 PM']The Sound City B200 can use 2 or 4 valves. We always used it as a 2 valve output because of it's extreme volume(+120db at 1 metre) and tone. I would defy anybody except a stadium player to be able to use it with all 4 tubes.
Yes, I promised to collect from this character because he f**ked up a perfectly good amp which is now lost to us all. He did not have the guts to come out and say so and that kinda pissed me off.
Sorry.
Non of the carriers believe him, and Paypal spoke in person to my neighbour who received the amp back in front of 2 of his serving policeman friends, who by the way owe me nothing.
You could say we were lucky, but the only way for us to recover is to sue him or return the pile of crap that came back to Paypal for the refund.

He knows the size of the stunt he has pulled, but how gullible are you lot?[/quote]

Probably not advisable to state/assume anyone is gullible on this forum; regardless of whether you are talking about eBay transactions, delivery services, forum statements OR the workings of valve amps... you'll find there are a fair number of open minded individuals who are well capable of coming to their own conclusions! I've heard your side of the story and I've heard the OP and from the two accounts I'm coming to my own conclusion re. what 'I' think has happened here. :)