Why become a member? ×

My drummer, Thomas Lang UK Clinics - 18th-28th May

Dood

Hey everyone,

Bit of a blatant plug for you. My drummer, Thomas Lang is over for a set of drum clinics for the next two weeks in association with Mike Dolbear. Come check him out.. I'll be at a couple of clinics chillin' out too!

A full list of dates:

Monday 18th May Gateshead " The Drum Shop" 0191 4950201

Tuesday 19th May Manchester "The Drum Centre" 0161 789 4415

Wednesday 20th May Glasgow "Drum Central" 0141 552 0111

Thursday 21st May Gainsborough ‘ Electro Music" 01302 369999

Friday 22nd May Nottingham Masterclass "MIC Academy" 0115 941 7493

Saturday 23rd May Ireland Co Donegal ‘ Reynolds " 00 353 7491 02 222

Sunday 24th May Ireland Dublin "X Music" 00353 1411 1100

Tuesday 26th May Cambridge "idrums" 01763 274810 @ The Junction, Cambridge.

Wednesday 27th May London "The Institute of Music" Masterclass 020 7328 0222

Thursday 28th May Colchester "Orchard Percussion" Masterclass 01206 271634

Here's our MySpace should you feel the urge to take the mic out of us all lol! featuring Pin (ex-SikTh), Jamie Hunt (ex-BioMechanical) errmmm some hairy bass player ???? and the afore mentioned tin pot basher!

www.withinthevoid.com

Best put in this forum actually!

Here's a bit of Thomas info too [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Lang"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Lang[/url]

I think my drummer made me watch some of his video, if its who I think it is ('and now we do the paradidlle with the feet at half the speed of our hands' - was a memorable line!) he's clearly not human!

Whats it like playing with a drummer like that?

[quote name='51m0n' post='491643' date='May 18 2009, 05:46 PM']I think my drummer made me watch some of his video, if its who I think it is ('and now we do the paradidlle with the feet at half the speed of our hands' - was a memorable line!) he's clearly not human!

Whats it like playing with a drummer like that?[/quote]

Ahh yep.. that be him ;o) e does a great 'Arnie' impression too.. yup a machine! There's a You Tube vid we have linked to our our site of him playin' one of our li 'ditties' - Though it was recrded by someone on a camera 'phone, so the sound obviously isn't 'release quality'.. But then, this person *did* get a video when all our kit we were hoping to use decided to..well.. not do anything useful.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='491711' date='May 18 2009, 06:43 PM']lol dooood!
i didnt even know he was ur drummer.
mad.

Z
x[/quote]

Hey Zoe! Yep.. though I'm having to teach him this really difficult beat at the mo' that he just hasn't mastered... dum tish dum dum tish! lol - I jest of course! Very talented!

Was at the Seaburn Marriot clinic on Monday. Jaw still on the floor.

Our drummer told me about him and I sort of envisaged an "Arnie" clone rattling away on the bass drums with no feel or groove. (My current fave drummer is Keith Carlock) I was wrong. The guy can clearly groove like a big groovy thing if required, but combine that with the most amazing technique I've ever seen. You really have to check this guy out.

He had his "small" kit but that still had 8 pedals.

What I liked was his acknowledgement that the flash stuff doesn't pay the bills, but at a drum clinic with a load of drummers he could be a bit of a trainspotter.

Dood - you're very lucky (I think) to play with this guy - but does he do all that 32'nd note bass drum sh$t? If so, how do you cope?