Why become a member? ×

Prose (Paul Rose) Custom build P Bass/Stingray 5 Hybrid Now £895
£975
Essex/Herts Borders

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

Reduced now £895! Unusual and unique custom build. Specs: Mahogany P shaped body with Flamed maple top, USA Mk1 Bart's, Aguilar OPB 2 18v Pre, USA Hipshot bridge, Lakland JO5 rosewood board 35' neck.

Had this around 7 years or so, absolute dogs whatsits! However mounting veterinary costs dictate another prized Bass (either this or my Vintage 55-60) must reluctantly depart! Excellent condition for the age no noticeable dings or knocks, neck is mint! Sound wise it goes from very warm and deep to a modern snappy jazzy zizz! Brilliant low B goes without saying!

Cash is king, but willing to trade with a nice, but lesser value 5 or 6 string Bass plus cash? Local delivery or meet preferred, could courier at buyers cost/arrangement?

Gaucho

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5702.JPG

IMG_5703.JPG

Edited by Gaucho 5
Price drop
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, lowregisterhead said:

A bit of background on this bass can be found in the thread below. It really is a lovely thing. GLWTS.

Hi Dave,

I was looking for those threads! I nearly took this off you myself, however it was another owner or two later that it became mine! I believe the last work done was Martin at the Gallery again with a slight reprofile to the back of the body.

I've only given it it a little fettle here and there and a set up to my taste, probably seven years ago now so apart from strings it remains as I got it and bloody fine thing it is! Still if my 55-60 goes I'll keep it.....or vice versa lol!

Gaucho

• Like 1

• Gaucho 5 changed the title to Prose (Paul Rose) Custom build P Bass/Stingray 5 Hybrid Now £895