Why become a member? ×

Amp/speaker for Bass (and) guitar

Posted (edited)

I started playing guitar last year as well as bass, I've been running through my EBS Reidmar 250 and a clasic 1x12 cab and it's handling it fine (although I haven't really pushed it yet), and it sounds very good to my ears anyway.  I'm using a quad cortex for most of my sound scaping and it's excellent, but I do like the EQ on the Reidmar, it's really effective and easy to access.

I'm just wondering about other bass setups that would work for both Bass and Guitar as I can see myself potentially in a situation where I'm swapping instruments during a gig, but I don't want to lug two amps around.  I'm thinking Darkglass stuff might work well.  And I'm a big fan of solid state stuff with amp modelling.  I'm not against valve amps, I love them, but I love the portability of class D amps.

I'm going for crunchy metal modern tones, to be honest the EBS pretty much nails it, but I think I might go for a 4x10 bass cab for a potentially better dynamic response.

I know guitar stuff is probably out as my bass will tear it a new one.😬

Just thought I'd ask the community as you guys usually have interesting ideas and good advice.

Thanks

Edited by Yan_Huriey