Why become a member? ×

Carvin BX1 Bass Preamp

EmpInfNed

Personally I miss Carvin. I own a lot of their stuff. I did NOT appreciate  them suddenly cancelling all my warranties on said equipment!!!

I would not put my trust in a company who'd treat a faithful customer in such a cavalier manner. 

2 hours ago, BassmanPaul said:

Personally I miss Carvin. I own a lot of their stuff. I did NOT appreciate  them suddenly cancelling all my warranties on said equipment!!!

I would not put my trust in a company who'd treat a faithful customer in such a cavalier manner. 

The Kiesel family are a quirky bunch. How was Carvins reliability,  

None of my Carvin made equipment have given any trouble at all. 

I have four of their Class D power amps.

A bolt on five string I built from their parts with my own designed and built pre-amp.

I had three of their LB76 series basses. One an LB76WP was sent to England for my Nephew to play. I also sent him a Class D BX1500 bass amp to play through. I still have an LB76 in white and an LB76F made from Koa.

What I call my Small PA has a 1KW power amp and a Carvin IEM system with five receivers.

My big PA has a 3KW capable power amp for Mains and a four channel 500W per for monitors. My PA speakers are Carvin with 15" drivers.

I have used a plethora of Carvin raw speakers in some of my amplifier/cabinet builds and they have always given great service.

Edit: I should add that my actual bass amp is a 2KW capable Carvin Class D power amp driven by a tube pre-amp I designed and built to push it.  :)

Edited by BassmanPaul

On 30/04/2024 at 19:43, JottoSW1 said:

The Kiesel family are a quirky bunch. How was Carvins reliability,  

I've had a Carvin BX500 for years, and my brother has had a combo for a similar time. No problem with either. However, there was a big reliability issue which the guys at the stockist at the time, Bass Gear, became aware of. Most of the problems happened early in ownership, so if there's secondhand gear out there working I'd say it would be low risk.

A lot of said problems were centred around the connectors of the multi strand cables that tied the various PC boards together. My computer sound system uses a DCM150 as a power amp. One channel recently started acting up. I cleaned said connectors and the fault went away.

I like BX1 a lot but it's not so good and quite different then BX250. BX250 was magic.

It's a pity Carvin never used its amazing preamp section (also considering BX1 is very similar to BX250 controls and features).