Why become a member? ×

Anyone tried the FatRat?

ToLo

I use a Turbo RAT clone myself, the Mosky Black Rat on the Turbo setting, and am extremely satisfied with how it sounds and how it blends with clean signal (via my Boss LS-2), and I am extremely picky with tone (the Mosky does have a darker tone, and retains low end a bit better than an original Turbo RAT), but I have no experience with the FAT RAT.

Though if you want to try out how a FAT RAT works for you Joyo makes a very cheap but great clone of the FAT RAT, that as far as I have gathered only received positive reviews and general praise, the Joyo JF-21 Splinter.

33£/39 Euro at Thomann https://www.thomann.de/gb/joyo_jf_21_splinter.htm

image.thumb.png.f4f5921343275bd973e270957210b9be.png

Though I have always been told that the Turbo RAT is the best RAT for bass, cause it retains low end better than the other variations, but I am sure that comes down to personal preferences and taste, as well as specific application/context, and as said I have no personal experience with the FAT RAT (with both switches on the Stock setting it works as a classic regular RAT).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I use a Turbo RAT clone myself, but have no experience with the FAT RAT.

Though if you want to try how it works for you Joyo makes a very cheap but great clone of the FAT RAT, that as far as I can tell only received positive reviews, the Joyo JF-21 Splinter.

33£/39 Euro at Thomann: https://www.thomann.de/gb/joyo_jf_21_splinter.htm

image.thumb.png.f4f5921343275bd973e270957210b9be.png

I have one and it's really good. I have not felt the need to buy a real one. 

• Like 1