Why become a member? ×

Introducing myself- hello!

Hi everybody!

I started playing bass in around 2005 or something like that. Took it all the way to a University degree, played professionally for a few years then stopped and spent my time on other things. 

Been back at it for the past couple of years, added a 5th string and loving it! Currently working on improving my reading, my jazz and fixing some technique quirks and other bad habits I developed back in the day but never bothered to address.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and talk about bass.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 15/04/2024 at 13:57, Richard R said:

Welcome aboard.

:crigon_04:

Lots to chat about here. What are you playing at the moment?

Instrument-wise I'm on a white Yamaha TRBX505, in terms of music I'm working a lot on reading and jazz, while also working through the Donald Dunn and James Jamerson books plus some more technically challenging pieces. Right now it's Beyond This Life by Dream Theater- that was on my bucket list for the longest time.

How about yourself?

Sadly not a lot of practice at the moment 😞.  I mainly play in the worship bands at church, but I also run the livestream and other tech. Due to a couple of people having to drop out on the tech side I can't see myself getting to play in the next few months, and I'm not terribly good at practicing unless it's for a service. 

What I need to do is to get a list of songs together and just force myself to play them properly.  And unlearn a couple of bad habits.