Why become a member? ×

Hi from a Big band bassist

jramm

Hi

I'm James, an Englishman based in France. I am primarily a guitarist but have been seriously playing bass for the past 2 years. 

Just recently upgraded to a Sire V8. I primarily play funk, jazz and soul and am a member of a 15 piece big band outfit that plays concerts about once a month on average.

I was on another US-centric forum which seems to ignore a lot of UK/,

EU made gear and obviously they do not have the same prices over there...

So I came here to scour for info on upgrading my head!

Hi James and welcome to Basschat! The big band element caught my eye. There’s  a young chap called George Barnes doing the same over here and is doing a tour of ski resorts over in France /Switzerland in the summer I believe. I can’t remember their name off hand but it does look like great fun. A whole different experience.
You’ll find plenty of gear for sale on here! It becomes addictive though😂

Edit  - They are called Hot Piece of Brass. Instagram Hot Piece Of Brass_Bristol

Edited by itsmedunc

2 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Hi James and welcome to Basschat! The big band element caught my eye. There’s  a young chap called George Barnes doing the same over here and is doing a tour of ski resorts over in France /Switzerland in the summer I believe. I can’t remember their name off hand but it does look like great fun. A whole different experience.
You’ll find plenty of gear for sale on here! It becomes addictive though😂

Edit  - They are called Hot Piece of Brass. Instagram Hot Piece Of Brass_Bristol

Thanks for the welcome!
Looks cool; didnt know touring ski resorts was a thing! 

So far we have generally just played around our region (Loire/Rhone-Alpes) but planning for more concerts next year...

Being a 15-piece outfit, finding places capable (& willing) of putting us on is tricky! 

1 hour ago, jramm said:

Thanks for the welcome!
Looks cool; didnt know touring ski resorts was a thing! 

So far we have generally just played around our region (Loire/Rhone-Alpes) but planning for more concerts next year...

Being a 15-piece outfit, finding places capable (& willing) of putting us on is tricky! 

I didn't know resorts were a thing either or how it came about? How does a 15 piece manage to find a stage big enough to play on! I don't think they care about a stage. They seem to stand on tables and wander about the venue with the audience :)