Why become a member? ×

4 Grand..What Bass??

bubinga5

[quote name='largo' post='497082' date='May 25 2009, 09:28 AM']Oooh, I love the look of those F Bass Jazz-a-likes ? Is that one for sale or just an example of what to buy for £4K ?[/quote]

It's new and up for sale from F bass at $4,100 so in Sterling terms, it's a cheap bass for what you get. It would appear that Bubinga5 is after the benefits of both passive and active, and obviously loves jazz basses so I thought that one would fit the bill being 3 band active (boost only) and passive switch. They apparently have totally noisless electrics too. I know my BN5 does.

I have not tried one yet. I've managed to get my grubby hands on most of the range at some point but not one of those. I think, had it been up for grabs at the time of purchase of my F bass, I seriously would have killed to try it before commiting to the BN5 as I've always owned some sort of jazz whether it be a four or five.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='489497' date='May 16 2009, 07:08 AM']By some good fortune, i have 4 grand, and was thinking about spending it on a bass....Was wondering what are the top 5 super jazz basses on the market. or anything else for that money????.i would love to try a Low End jazz...Dont get me started on AC's....Im GASing over a new 5 or 4 string. so whats in my ball park?

tis not a jazz, but I was thinking about a Sukop.. i have heard one and it sounded awsome!!!...I know there mega bucks though..

Im still searching for a bass that ticks all the right boxes..the only one that i really love is the Ostinato...i played it live on thursday and it was sooo good..The tone is awsome when playing gently, but when you dig in through the Aguilar its got the most amazing growl and punchy tone..There was a guy in another band playing the same night, with a HH stingray..and he played the Ostinato and said it was in a different league...

Ive come to the thought that, although i love the passive sound, i dig the well amplified bass..the EMG's are superb on the Ostinato..Any suggestions on a new bass??[/quote]

We will have a Celinder jazz 5 mid june, chris is bringing one over, also as mentioned we build Sei basses on site, so you can have a J built to you exact specs, woods pickups, electronics spacing, profile etc

alex