Why become a member? ×

Och Aye the Noo fae Bonnie Scotland!

the-bass-man

Greetings fellow bassists! I've decided to migrate here from TalkBass, just because this one's British!

Right, a little bit about myself-

-currently at University, studying Architecture at The Robert Gordon University
-have been in music since I was 8 (now 18)
-started on the violin, then took up bass, and now play anything with strings basically!
-I'm into whatever music's on really, classical to punk, sould to jazz fusion, you name it I'll play it!

As I'm a poor student, I can't afford much in the way of gear, although I do have two basses-
-Peavey Milestone III (part of a starter bundle from a local music shop)
-Peavey Grind NTB 6-string (my baby, I love her to bits!)

Also have a 180W Behringer amp, plus 20W practice amp set up with a Digitech Multi-effects pedal on top.

Any gigs near to me that need to be subbed (near Montrose btw), give me a shout!

Cheers,

Oliver

Another newbie here and a fellow Scot, in fact just down the road from you Oliver in Arbroath. (Maybe see you at the festival at the end of the month)
Just back to the dark side after too many years playing 6 strings. Recently jammed with a friends band and realised how much I missed the bass. Next thing I know there are several guitars for sale and a fender jazz appears :)

Regards
Steve