Why become a member? ×

MIM Jazz body

richrips

Hey,

any interest in a MIM Jazz body? It's some type of metallic green, very good condition (found one small dent and nothing through to the wood) and is lovely and heavy (makes my stingray feel floaty...)

It's from a bass i may disassemble rather than repair if it makes economic sense (i snapped the truss rod..)

any offers or guides to what it may be worth?

don't make me ebay it.....

cheers,
rich

Edited by richrips

[quote name='richrips' post='488959' date='May 15 2009, 03:06 PM']Hey,

any interest in a MIM Jazz body? It's some type of metallic green, very good condition (found one small dent and nothing through to the wood) and is lovely and heavy (makes my stingray feel floaty...)

It's from a bass i may disassemble rather than repair if it makes economic sense (i snapped the truss rod..)

any offers or guides to what it may be worth?

don't make me ebay it.....

cheers,
rich[/quote]

I've got a neck I want to use so stick a price on it.

This is just a feeler so i'm looking to know what people think this is worth, hence i'm not going to state a guessed price which may rip people off or be way under market value.

the parts are a stainless steel scratchplate, standard controls, badass 2 bridge, dimarzio ultrajazz pickups,

maybe make me an offer for loaded and unloaded so i can decide whether to split or sell as one.

i hope that makes a bit more sense!

offers/valuations? seen anything similar? also any ideas what that colour is called?

cheers,

rich

[quote name='richrips' post='488996' date='May 15 2009, 03:42 PM']This is just a feeler so i'm looking to know what people think this is worth, hence i'm not going to state a guessed price which may rip people off or be way under market value.

the parts are a stainless steel scratchplate, standard controls, badass 2 bridge, dimarzio ultrajazz pickups,

maybe make me an offer for loaded and unloaded so i can decide whether to split or sell as one.

i hope that makes a bit more sense!

offers/valuations? seen anything similar? also any ideas what that colour is called?

cheers,

rich[/quote]

can i buy the badass 2 bridge and jazz pick ups i give you 60 pounds

Bearing in mind that the dimarzio's cost £90-110 new and the badass around £70 new, i think £60 is a bit on the low side for both at the moment as i'm not desperate to sell.
thanks for the interest anyway,
cheers,
rich

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but are you using a Mighty Mite neck on there? Because I've got a maple on on my MIM jazz just like yours and I have that little gap between the neck and pickguard too.

yeah i think it may be mighty mite it seems whoever put the neck on the bass (not me!) could have got a tighter fit if they'd spent a few minutes sanding the corners on the neck as the radius of the two curves (heel and pocket ends) don't quite match up. i wonder if this is a mighty mite flaw or if they have done it to give a bit of freedom to adjust the heel shape for the endless variations found on fenders.....

never noticed that before though! nice 1. when i get a neck that isn't shagged, i'll check for snugness....

cheers
rich

[quote name='thedonutman' post='490717' date='May 17 2009, 05:55 PM']Don't mean to hijack your thread, but are you using a Mighty Mite neck on there? Because I've got a maple on on my MIM jazz just like yours and I have that little gap between the neck and pickguard too.[/quote]