Why become a member? ×

On Hold: Eden Rig - WTX500 & 2 x 1x12 EX Cabs (Lightweight) - *SOLD*
£400
Plymouth, Devon

Raslee

Selling off 'good gear' that simply isn't getting used due to having too many amps/cabs etc. I'm also generally thinning my gear heard so will be selling a few bits over the coming months.

Amp: Eden WTX 500 W amp, lovely Eden sound and 500W of goodness, lots of flexibility - the control knobs pull out to give extra tonal options - a great small light amp that i would keep if i didn't already own an Eden WT500 (favourite amp ever!),  great DI tone for recording too IMO.

Speakers: EX112 x 2, these have been gigged but are very solid indeed. Overall great speakers with whizzy cones, however one of the cones sounded  a little 'buzzy' to my ears so i swapped out the speaker for a 300W SWR speaker and that sounds really good in this cab, perhaps a bit more bassy than the Whizzers obviously - but the both combined sound really solid and can go low but with a really nice top end due to the whizzy cone in the other cab, sounds pretty spectacular in fact for all genre's. When I inspected the removed whizzy speaker i could find nothing wrong, no loose whizzer,  so this will be included in the sale too if collected. Specs: https://www.edenamps.com/product/ex112/ - sorry the whizzy speaker in the pics is on the bottom and in the dark a bit but can send specific pics of this if required.

Would consider splitting as i happy to keep parts as i really rate this setup. Individual prices include postage within the UK. The 'All in' is for collection from Plymouth or could meet within a 50 mile radius. If wanting all couriered we'll have to work out a price on that but happy to consider this.... we all know how much Mrs Raslee loves her bombproof packing 😂

Edited by Raslee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

That’s a fab rig. Tempted. 😳

Are the cabs both 8ohm? Does the amp go down to 2ohm? 

Thanks.

It's a sweet sound mate. Both cabs are 8 ohm and i'm pretty sure this amp doesn't do 2 ohms.....just checked, 4ohm min for the WTX.

• Thanks 1

Used to do all my gigs through Eden amps at one time. The Nemesis 650 head which I sold, and I have an 8x10 450 combo which is too big for my car!

Really special amps. I wonder if this is a similar but in a more portable package.

Edited by stewblack
typo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, stewblack said:

Used to do all my gigs through Eden amps at one time. The Nemesis 650 head which I sold, and I have an 8x10 450 combo which is too big for my car!

Really special amps. I wonder if this is a similar but in a more portable package.

Trying to remove bias as the seller,  in my view this does that 'David Eden' sound in spades - it's got that warmth but tight definition if that makes sense and like most Edens you just simply set everything  flat and use the Enhance to add the magic. This  EX speaker combination works really well too.

I've recently setup up my WT550 and David Eden 4x10 in my home recording setup and it makes me proper smile, but it will get the gig rig for the right gig. That super light stuff is for rehearsals  anyway right? 😂

mileIMG_6627.thumb.JPG.e2268d494c155b1ac02d8010fe9d1946.JPG

• Like 1

• Raslee changed the title to On Hold: Eden Rig - WTX500 & 2 x 1x12 EX Cabs (Lightweight)
  • Raslee changed the title to Sold:Eden Rig - WTX500 & 2 x 1x12 EX Cabs (Lightweight)