Why become a member? ×

Altered Rig Day

WalMan

Now my January nightmare is over I fired up my new alternative baby rig (might use it tonight or probably safer leave to tomorrow or Monday’s rehearsals.

It sounds rather nice 😁 that said it was a small room and would possibly need the second BigBaby to get the full 600w and survive on its own in a big room without PA support, but generally very nice 👌

Three channel emulations - Green/left = Ampeg, Yellow/middle = Marshall Superbass and Blue/right = Modern/filth. I tend towards the first two, but messing around today was getting sounds I liked from the filthy channel as well. 

Nice solid sound that’ll fit everything I do gig/dep wise from classic rock to disco and indie 

IMG_1608.jpeg

IMG_1607.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

What a great setup, easy to transport and I imagine it sounds immense, wouldn’t mind trying something like this with my big baby 

I’ll probably give it a blast at the prog rehearsal tomorrow night but it sounded great on a little fire up today.

Revolt Bass pedal in its box fits in a pocket of one of my Studiospares leads cases and the amp has its own case, but would also fit in the leads bag with a little re jigging of the pockets.

I did discuss with Alex the point of the power amp over running the Revolt into the FX return and he didn’t think there’d be much gained going this route, but I had a sodit moment and got the amp from @BassBros (to whom kudos, I ordered one evening and it was delivered within 36 hours!)

It is a really compact rig, I really like the Revolt Bass and this does look to be a good match - that said the SkarBass into Darkglass Microtubes and on to the BB2 at yesterday’s gig sounded awesome as well 😁

• Thanks 1