Why become a member? ×

Pino Palladino on the Questlove Supreme podcast

2 hours ago, Owen said:

Rocco Prestia also advocated the light touch and it does not get much more funky.

His another legend. His muting technique was the stand for me. I actually have his dvd. He was a very humble guy. RIP 

24 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

Yes his iconic in the hip hop, R&B African American field. 

6 time Grammy award winner and nominated 16. His a drummer 

Also the roots have been house band for Jimmy Fallon since 2009 which I believe is very popular in the states. 

While Pino is in my book an icon, he’s not widely known beyond musician circles. I would assume by his demeanour and  lack of media, that is the way he likes it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Grammy's 🤣.

Taylor Swift has 14 of the things. By no means a yardstick of iconic status in my book. 

This isn’t based on the current era where it’s given out for trash. His 53 now so his not in this era. 

How Taylor swift has 14 is beyond me. Rather makes me want to Vomit. 

Anyhow questlove Is an important figure in African American and also American music. He was or still is in the iconic band Roots. 

4 minutes ago, OliverBlackman said:

Also the roots have been house band for Jimmy Fallon since 2009 which I believe is very popular in the states. 

While Pino is in my book an icon, he’s not widely known beyond musician circles. I would assume by his demeanour and  lack of media, that is the way he likes it. 

Oh yes roots did have been the house band for that show. I forgot. 

I agree regarding pino. It’s very much like abraham laboriel or James jamerson. Iconic figures in the musical circle but to the wider audience, not really. 

13 minutes ago, soulstar89 said:

This isn’t based on the current era where it’s given out for trash. His 53 now so his not in this era. 

How Taylor swift has 14 is beyond me. Rather makes me want to Vomit. 

Anyhow questlove Is an important figure in African American and also American music. He was or still is in the iconic band Roots. 

I’ll check him out. Just read that he had some involvement with the film Bamboozled which means my ears have crossed paths with his work already. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I’ll check him out. Just read that he had some involvement with the film Bamboozled which means my ears have crossed paths with his work already. 

Here he is playing with the Roots on Jools Holland back in 1999.

Lots of videos of Amir Questlove Thompson to choose from on YT.