Why become a member? ×

Replacement knob needed

Twigman

...also available on eB*y, packs of 3 (same colour), 2 Squid; pack of all 7 colours 3 Squid, P&P 1.75 (good deal if you intend to lose some more 😉)

Resize_20240202_171557_7079.jpg.e4f20e02c95e51f38b79ba5cf530fffe.jpg

(Search: "Soft Touch Knobs for Panel Mount Pots, Various Colours, Great for PIC & Arduino" èbày uk)

Edited by sandy_r

Got some arriving tomorrow from Amazon....I bet they're totally different from the old ones but it's only a fiver and from a gift token balance anyway.

I was hoping someone might know the exact knob that Dave Hall used but I've trawled CPC, Farnell, RS, Amazon, Ebay, and haven't found exactly the same knobs.

45 minutes ago, sandy_r said:

...according to Douglas Adams, the trick is to keep rubbing the sticks together** 😉

DaveHallPreamp.png.8f238b005537600c952c8dd8224da147.png Resize_20240202_171557_7079.jpg.c1e6d1bb74017856ca70263c64544239.jpg

(** ...could never get that to work for me)

Have you got a link for those?

On 02/02/2024 at 17:40, Twigman said:

Got some arriving tomorrow from Amazon....I bet they're totally different from the old ones

And yes they were - they were hard plastic and too tight to fit on the shafts (oooeeer Mrs).....I await the e-bay purchase which apparently are soft touch and due tomorrow...