Why become a member? ×

Mutes

YouMa

I found i could never get the right sized scrunchies, if they were big enough to get over the headstock, they were too loose to be any use. So a good alternative is the velcro wraps you sometimes get on new cables. They do the job well and they're easier to take on and off!

I have a bobble just behind the top nut of both my 6 strings, just to help stop sympathetic vibration. On my 4, i have a duster under the strings between the bridge pickup and the bridge (strung with flatwounds). its quite heath robinson i admit, but it serves to give a double-bass type sound and attack. very useful in certain forms of Jazz and acoustic music

[quote name='Delberthot' post='486588' date='May 13 2009, 07:52 AM']When I was just a nipper I put a bit of foam under the strings in front of the bridge cos I'd seen John Deacon do that on an old concert video. Didn't like it though.[/quote]
I was just thinking that i was sure i'd seen John Deacon play with what seemed to be half a loofa shoved up against his bridge but i wasn't sure if i imagined it or not.
Can you remember what song it was?

[quote name='bluesparky' post='487503' date='May 14 2009, 01:32 AM']I was just thinking that i was sure i'd seen John Deacon play with what seemed to be half a loofa shoved up against his bridge.[/quote]

That Freddie Mercury, eh? What a joker ...

:)