Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Century Archtop Acoustic Bass With Hofner Pickup And Case (30” scale hollowbody) £650 - *SOLD*
£800
Beccles, Suffolk

kristo

I keep going back and forth on listing this but I could do with the funds so, therefore, up for sale is my Epiphone Masterbilt Century Deluxe archtop bass in great condition. There’s a few light marks where it has been gigged, but nothing of any note. I have had the original piezo pickup and preamp removed and had a luthier fit a German Hofner pickup along with volume and tone controls. The wiring, pots and jack is a pre made loom bought on here from KiOgon. The stock pickup wasn’t great and the Hofner is a massive improvement. I’ve gigged the bass in an old time style band and it has a lovely upright like sound. It’s currently fitted with D’addario Nylon Tapewounds, but I will also include some Labella Low Tension Flats that also sound great on it. The tuner buttons have been replaced by some Schaller M6 ones. I’ll also include a ABS hard case that fits it perfectly. £650. Possibly interested in a trade/part exchange for another short scale bass.......

Collection from Beccles, Suffolk much preferred but can post.

FpOwOvr.jpg

58BTRmn.jpg

PQUhDNi.jpg

ir7nMnZ.jpg

dS9K0uT.jpg

KLOTtCu.jpg

m1cfGG8.jpg

Edited by kristo
  • Like 7

• kristo changed the title to Epiphone Century Archtop Bass With Hofner Pickup And Case (30” scale hollowbody) £700

These are lovely basses, feel really well made. Best mod replacing the piezo with the neck pup, plus the nylons. Exactly what I had on mine.

Plus the hard case! That’s actually a great price for a quality, cool looking bass. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• kristo changed the title to Epiphone Century Archtop Bass With Hofner Pickup And Case (30” scale hollowbody) £675
  • kristo changed the title to FS/FT: Epiphone Century Archtop Bass With Hofner Pickup And Case (30” scale hollowbody) £650
  • kristo changed the title to SOLD Epiphone Century Archtop Acoustic Bass With Hofner Pickup And Case (30” scale hollowbody)