Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 XB Driver

Cosmo Valdemar

I’ve bought all my Tech21 stuff from US sellers in the past, and most of them ended up devaluing the package to avoid import fees... I work for a US company now though so would probably just get something sent to a colleague’s house and get it from them next time we meet up!

It is a lot of money for a pedal, but looking at it in a relative way, it’s half the cost of the dUg amp (which is one of these with a power amp) and twice the cost of a regular Sansamp (and it has double the knobs/jacks/etc.

If I can sell my BDDI and DP-3X and get the same tones + more out of this, I may be interested.

10 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

I’ve bought all my Tech21 stuff from US sellers in the past, and most of them ended up devaluing the package to avoid import fees... I work for a US company now though so would probably just get something sent to a colleague’s house and get it from them next time we meet up!

It is a lot of money for a pedal, but looking at it in a relative way, it’s half the cost of the dUg amp (which is one of these with a power amp) and twice the cost of a regular Sansamp (and it has double the knobs/jacks/etc.

If I can sell my BDDI and DP-3X and get the same tones + more out of this, I may be interested.

That's a fair point actually, but I feel it's still way too pricey. If it had dual inputs (which it doesn't) I'd probably agree with you.

For a pedal to have an almost 50% markup from US to UK pricing is obscene.

2 hours ago, Wolverinebass said:

That's a fair point actually, but I feel it's still way too pricey. If it had dual inputs (which it doesn't) I'd probably agree with you.

For a pedal to have an almost 50% markup from US to UK pricing is obscene.

So US/Sweetwiter $500 preorder, Thomann £611 (or $775).  Bonkers.  If I do pull for one of these it'll be though my brother in law on a US trip.

3 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

So US/Sweetwiter $500 preorder, Thomann £611 (or $775).  Bonkers.  If I do pull for one of these it'll be though my brother in law on a US trip.

Tell him to take a slightly bigger suitcase as he'll probably end up being "the mule." Ha!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just to check though (as I know US sites can sometimes be a bit fiddly with their prices) -  is that $500 including sales tax?

*EDIT* I just checked sales tax rates, and most states aren't above 7%, so post tax it would be arount $535, so not hugely different

Edited by Killerfridge