Why become a member? ×

Zoom B6 help

mattbass6

Has anyone used one of these in “anger” i.e. live? I don’t want to go the full digital/in ears route, and I don’t want a pedal board with things I may want to swap out, but I do want an amp setup with something that has the pedal options, plus a patch for an amp/cab/DI sim if anything went wrong with the amp setup.

I just can’t find one to try, and I’m torn between this and going the whole hog with a Quad Cortex. Not a fan of the Line6 stuff, which was the next logical step. 

All insights gratefully received. Cheers gang ☺️

• Like 2

Likewise, I'd be keen to hear gig experience of the G6.

I need:

• Standard stuff like: Tuner/mute, compressor, EQ, Drive, while being tough/reliable - no unexpected freezing/restarts and with a decent/tough power supply/connector. (It'd be up against the toughness/reliability of my current pedalboard of Boss Compact pedals and an islolated power supply with kettle lead).
  • 2x inputs and footswitch between them - I swop between two Basses with different volumens (currently using an LS-2). The B-6 seems to be one of the best multi-fx suited to this and is a big selling point to me over other multi-fx.
  • Seperate XLR and 1/4" outputs -  I am considering sending one signal quite a long distance via XLR to mixer/PA/IEMs (with Cab sim) and one to Amp/Cab  (without Cab sim).
  • And a 'nice to have' is a passable synth and envelope filter.

If it does all that then I reckon it'll be on my shopping list - because what else ticks those boxes without spending  >£900? .....perhaps other than individual pedals, which I think means my TU-3, BB-1X, ODB-3, LS-2, LMB-3, plus getting some sort of Amp/Cab sim pedal that splits the signal, and something like a C4....but that probably also adds up to about £900 combined. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

@SumOne

How about combining the Boss LS2, which you've got, with a Zoom B2-4? Same processing power as the B6, I believe, but the combo of those two should be more compact than the B6 and have all the fx that the B6 offers? Make for a neat little PB - just a thought!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

@SumOne

How about combining the Boss LS2, which you've got, with a Zoom B2-4? Same processing power as the B6, I believe, but the combo of those two should be more compact than the B6 and have all the fx that the B6 offers? Make for a neat little PB - just a thought!

That is a good idea. 

I haven't used mine at a gig yet but I have used it twice at rehearsals and every day at home. So far no glitches or software issues. It's the usual wall wart power supply with a recessed socket on the unit itself, (which is more secure than any pedal I've used). Two switchable inputs with adjustable impedance (but not, as far as I can see, adjustable volumes). 4x DI modelling options plus 'straight' with separately adjustable volumes for jack and DI out. I'm happy with the filter patches but haven't really explored the synth sounds other than to note that they play with no glitches. (Commenting on quality of sounds is subjective - they work for me and sound better than my B1-4 or MS60B).

As has also been mentioned by @stewblack above, the tuner is the best one for live use I've come across - visible and responsive. 

If you do a search, the B6 manual is available to give you more technical details. I would have no hesitation in using this unit live and it is replacing a board of pedals for ease of use and compact size/weight.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2